1st gold with the 5000

I got bit by the gold bug pretty hard a couple weeks ago when I found my first dwt+ nugget with a detector. My buddy also got bit and he wanted a Minelab PI. So I decided to sell him my 4000 and I picked up a used 5000. Well it arrived yesterday and was just lying on the floor begging me to take it for its maiden voyage. I obliged and took her out for a couple hours this afternoon.

I was in Fine Gold with default settings. I was using a NF 14" elip Mono. Pretty sens set up as these were 2-3 inches in the ground with a layer of tall grass over top. They are 9.2 grains and 5.3 grains.

New 5000 and a couple nuggets within the first couple of hours!! I will have to give all the credit to the machine at this point as I am a novice to this hobby!

I know it does not compare to what some of you find but for me it is pretty exciting!

Ron

post-28467-0-02529100-1323230973_thumb.j

I got bit by the gold bug pretty hard a couple weeks ago when I found my first dwt+ nugget with a detector. My buddy also got bit and he wanted a Minelab PI. So I decided to sell him my 4000 and I picked up a used 5000. Well it arrived yesterday and was just lying on the floor begging me to take it for its maiden voyage. I obliged and took her out for a couple hours this afternoon.

I was in Fine Gold with default settings. I was using a NF 14" elip Mono. Pretty sens set up as these were 2-3 inches in the ground with a layer of tall grass over top. They are 9.2 grains and 5.3 grains.

New 5000 and a couple nuggets within the first couple of hours!! I will have to give all the credit to the machine at this point as I am a novice to this hobby!

I know it does not compare to what some of you find but for me it is pretty exciting!

Ron

Hey Ron:

Any gold is good to find. :)

You did good. Nice little solid guys.

Keep up the good work. Keep posting......

Tom H.

Archived