New Customer, Friend and I all find nuggets!

• Admin

Hello All,

Monday morning Team Rob's Detector Sales :rolleyes: met up with a new Minelab GPX 5000 customer and several friends to start out the new year. The new customer, Dennis from Gilbert, Arizona was no newbie to prospecting. Dennis has spent many years dredging, panning, sluicing and even a bit of metal detecting with a White's metal detector.

My team spent several hours working with Dennis to get him up and running. With his past detecting experience, Dennis took right off and within no time was out digging targets. By around mid-day, Dennis had his first gold nuggets about a Gram in size from an oldtimers dig. After the first nugget, this guy was determined to find every target in the area and ended up finding a second nugget, about twice the size of the first. Dennis, thanks for your business and wishing you much success in the future.

A couple of friends, Mike (Greenbox) and Vjay (spelling) also spent some time wondering around. Mike ended up finding about a Gram nugget during the course of the day with his souped up Minelab SD2100 with the Goldscreamer Power Pack and Coiltek Blitz Mono Searchcoil. Mike is firm believer these two items have increase his gold take drastically in the last month or so. Great to see you again Mike and your buddy.

That all being said, I managed to do a bit of detecting also. I found two nuggets, one is a small specimen and another nugget about a Gram. My partner that helped with the training also found a couple of small ones shown below.

Overall, a great day detecting and almost everyone scored at least a nugget for the new year!

Picture 1 - My two nuggets on the left, partners two on the right.

Picture 2 - Mike's Gram size nugget, his first from the Rich Hill placers

Pictures 3-5, Dennis from Gilbert displaying his new Minelab GPX 5000, displaying his nuggets and a shot I took of him working a large wash.

Hope you enjoyed. Wishing you all a very successful 2012 prospecting/metal detecting season.

Rob Allison

Rob,

It was an enjoyable day spent with you and your team,a good way to begin the new year.Your prospecting stories are good listening.Thanks for the hospitality your a class act.

Mike

Hello All,

Monday morning Team Rob's Detector Sales :rolleyes: met up with a new Minelab GPX 5000 customer and several friends to start out the new year. The new customer, Dennis from Gilbert, Arizona was no newbie to prospecting. Dennis has spent many years dredging, panning, sluicing and even a bit of metal detecting with a White's metal detector.

My team spent several hours working with Dennis to get him up and running. With his past detecting experience, Dennis took right off and within no time was out digging targets. By around mid-day, Dennis had his first gold nuggets about a Gram in size from an oldtimers dig. After the first nugget, this guy was determined to find every target in the area and ended up finding a second nugget, about twice the size of the first. Dennis, thanks for your business and wishing you much success in the future.

A couple of friends, Mike (Greenbox) and Vjay (spelling) also spent some time wondering around. Mike ended up finding about a Gram nugget during the course of the day with his souped up Minelab SD2100 with the Goldscreamer Power Pack and Coiltek Blitz Mono Searchcoil. Mike is firm believer these two items have increase his gold take drastically in the last month or so. Great to see you again Mike and your buddy.

That all being said, I managed to do a bit of detecting also. I found two nuggets, one is a small specimen and another nugget about a Gram. My partner that helped with the training also found a couple of small ones shown below.

Overall, a great day detecting and almost everyone scored at least a nugget for the new year!

Picture 1 - My two nuggets on the left, partners two on the right.

Picture 2 - Mike's Gram size nugget, his first from the Rich Hill placers

Pictures 3-5, Dennis from Gilbert displaying his new Minelab GPX 5000, displaying his nuggets and a shot I took of him working a large wash.

Hope you enjoyed. Wishing you all a very successful 2012 prospecting/metal detecting season.

Rob Allison

Glad everyone got something...thats always good. Man, I need to start hanging around you! :)

Good luck in the future hunts.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Mike and All,

It was a great day. When you have a day where most of everyone finds gold, then that's a great day. It's not fun if just one guy finds all the gold, unless it's yourself (just kidding). :lol:

My partner's been killing them lately, wish I could get out there more. Hope he will post some of his recent finds, but he's worried someone will track him to this new virgin spot.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

G'day Rob

Good to see the whole crew onto some yeller ay, i'm always suss about posting up pics of my patch surrounds too cause of trackers,

but i think as long as "geoTagging" in the phone is turned off your pretty safe hahaha...

Ive heard a lot about rich hill in AZ, is it possible that all the gold there was shed out of a very massive mountain over millions

of years ??

We have some totally flat areas here in West Aus that used to have gold rich mountains thousands of feet high and they have shed

gold for miles around the area..

Nice pics mate and the customers grin says it all Rob, keep up the good service man.

Pete

WOW.... i have been gone for awhile and i come back and it seems like everyone on the forum is getting yellow!!!!!

Great job everyone!

I'll be baaaaaak..........

paul :D

Hi Rob,

I spent 7 days prospecting on the upper hassayampa and found lots of placer sign.Ralph came up and hunted 2 days

with us and we hunted 2 patches he knew of.No gold but did find 3 small silver nugs.If your partener is worried

about someone tracking him and mucking him out tell him I'll be happy to help him clean that patch up so he can

get some sleep.(ha ha)Heading for a good spot tomorrow and hopefully scratch out a few. Take care. Mike

• Admin

..Hello All,

Ostrich 22 - Thanks once again for your business Dennis. It was great having you out and seeing you turn up some yellow with your new GPX-5000. You know we offer unlimited support beyond the sale, so don't hesitate to call or email us anytime if you have questions. Hope to see you the forums more and wishing you much success with the new metal detector.

Greenbox - Talked with Ralph about the trip you guys made. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I haven't been to those placers in years, but was up there about a year after some of the first pushes. A few friends found handfuls of gold after some of the early pushes and exploring the more brushy areas for overlooked patches and isolated nuggets/specimens. Wishing you much luck in the new spot, keep us updated.

Congress Man - You need to get a detector and hit the hills again! :D Hope everything is well on your end. Glad to see you're still posting and sharing your experiences.

Border Boy - What do I have to give you to join our team? Lol ... :rolleyes: Ok, I'm just being silly, but not serious.

Pete in WA - Always great to see everyone find a nugget or two. It's not the same when just one guys finds it all, unless it's yourself (just kidding). I like sharing the experience, I have found enough gold in my lifetime to make me happy. Rich Hill is actually a pretty small placer, but several theories on what happened there. Some being it was a huge river deposit, while others believe it was block faulting (uplifting) and shedding of local vein systems. I think it was a combination of sources, old ancient channels and local veins that contributed to the gold being found today.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Archived