Happy Gulch Patch Finds

Yo All... I figured the last few days of fun finds would deplete this tiny patch, but, as I said earlier, ya just can't get'em all ... Today I received a new NF14" E Mono to replace my ol'Baboo that has taken a dump ... Putted on out to Happy Gully to see if she might give up just one more nuggie ... Got up to the area I found two yesterday way up on the bench ... The new coil was making irritating sounds so I decided to adjust some knobs on the 4500 in hopes of quieting things down a notch ... I was having a little bit of trouble because the coil kept sliding away from me so I braced it against a rock and, cowabunga, you'd have thought I braced it against some rogue anvil ... I thought I'd really screwed things up with my knob adjusting... I moved the coil away from the rock and the noise stopped ...I made the brilliant connection that I had a target ... I did and it turned out to be the biggest nugget I've found in Happy Gully, a beautiful pendant piece, 3.25 Grams, a little over 2 DWT ... So, as usual, here's a bunch of photos of it and also a family portrait of the total .27 OZT I've found over the past couple visits there ... Cheers, Unc

Attached Thumbnails

post-30-0-58921100-1327046266_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-73523000-1327046298_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-20999800-1327046316_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-95771100-1327046332_thumb.jpg

Yo All... I figured the last few days of fun finds would deplete this tiny patch, but, as I said earlier, ya just can't get'em all ... Today I received a new NF14" E Mono to replace my ol'Baboo that has taken a dump ... Putted on out to Happy Gully to see if she might give up just one more nuggie ... Got up to the area I found two yesterday way up on the bench ... The new coil was making irritating sounds so I decided to adjust some knobs on the 4500 in hopes of quieting things down a notch ... I was having a little bit of trouble because the coil kept sliding away from me so I braced it against a rock and, cowabunga, you'd have thought I braced it against some rogue anvil ... I thought I'd really screwed things up with my knob adjusting... I moved the coil away from the rock and the noise stopped ...I made the brilliant connection that I had a target ... I did and it turned out to be the biggest nugget I've found in Happy Gully, a beautiful pendant piece, 3.25 Grams, a little over 2 DWT ... So, as usual, here's a bunch of photos of it and also a family portrait of the total .27 OZT I've found over the past couple visits there ... Cheers, Unc

Attached Thumbnails

Man Unc!

That is sweet.

Glad you were having problems with getting the adjustments down :)

Very nice nugget!

Ive found two accidentaly in the past in a area I had hit...just so happens the coil swept over the area on the way back out of the creek and I got em.

Kind of makes you wonder what else weve missed?

Congrats Sir.

Tom H.

Man Unc!

That is sweet.

Glad you were having problems with getting the adjustments down :)

Very nice nugget!

Ive found two accidentaly in the past in a area I had hit...just so happens the coil swept over the area on the way back out of the creek and I got em.

Kind of makes you wonder what else weve missed?

Congrats Sir.

Tom H.

Great finds Unc, keep up the good scratchin bro.

Pete

Good job!

Happy Gulch is such a good name!

panhandlepaul aka congressman

• 2 weeks later...

Archived