Yuma prooving grounds

I know this is going to elicite all kinds of comments about my mental stability but I was wondering if

It is possible to detect on the Yuma proving grounds. I know, with permission, you can get on the Barry Goldwater range but has anyone detected on the yuma proving grounds?

Tks

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Similar deal to my other post about the CRIT land. Back in the early days, hundreds of prospectors used to camp, detect and explore the YPG (Yuma Proving Grounds). For the most part you would never see a soul unless you got near the main roads or areas where people would camp. Most of the better placers, such as the Trigo's, Laguna and others are within the YPG area. I have heard they placed new signs and have attempted to fine or prosecute tresspassers.

Would be interesting to see what others say that might have more updated experience.

Rob Allison

Posted Today, 05:23 PM

Tom,

I have an extra Blackhawk Heli that we can fly in there and do some night ops with the detectors ;)

Yah........and end up looking like a pile of black turds when the drones shoot us down and its all over. :)

Tom H.

Similar deal to my other post about the CRIT land. Back in the early days, hundreds of prospectors used to camp, detect and explore the YPG (Yuma Proving Grounds). For the most part you would never see a soul unless you got near the main roads or areas where people would camp. Most of the better placers, such as the Trigo's, Laguna and others are within the YPG area. I have heard they placed new signs and have attempted to fine or prosecute tresspassers.

Well piss...that was the area I was looking at.

Gotta figure somepen else out.

Tom H.

Gosh Tom, are you already running out of places to detect? Gee why don't u join Roadrunners, that should keep ya busy for awhile, 200 claims and all! That way u avoid being scalped or shot by random missle fire...lol Next are u going to ask about detecting in the Grand Canyon or Petrified Forrest??? lmao!!!!

Gosh Tom, are you already running out of places to detect? Gee why don't u join Roadrunners, that should keep ya busy for awhile, 200 claims and all! That way u avoid being scalped or shot by random missle fire...lol Next are u going to ask about detecting in the Grand Canyon or Petrified Forrest??? lmao!!!!

Just exploring via the net and planning trips for the future :)

Tom H...

ypg is off limits to prospector's permits only issued to hunters in certain areas i talked to 5 sargents and 2 people in the main office i know of many good place's to go but dont want to go for a heli ride to yuma and most that is accessable close to cibola is claimed