a few from the honker patch

Hi Rob,

I went back yesterday with two of my sons to detect the old honker patch. it was great spending some time with them and letting them bust nuggets out of the caliche bedrock. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif They didn't detect at all they came to dig for me... 4chsmu1.gif

I found 4 nuggets for a total 16.45 dwts or .82 ounces if I did the math right. The big one is very thick and weighs about 9 dwt and the second biggest is 5.75 dwt. I have them in CLR to clean the caliche off and will post them when their cleaned up. yesss.gif This makes around 12 ounces for this patch now. 200.gif

post-51918-0-29933200-1358964828_thumb.j

post-51918-0-83422500-1358964844_thumb.j

post-51918-0-42703700-1358964856_thumb.j

• Admin

Hey Russ,

Great to see you back onboard here. The nuggets you just found are very nice. I'm sure being able to take your Sons out there to find gold with you is the biggest plus to prospecting.

Are you still using the modded Minelab GP 3500? What coil were you using and what depths were the nuggets found?

Talk with you soon,

GoodStuff!!!!!

LikeRobSays Good YouGot ToLetThe Boys HaveFun Digging :-)

Hey Russ,

Great to see you back onboard here. The nuggets you just found are very nice. I'm sure being able to take your Sons out there to find gold with you is the biggest plus to prospecting.

Are you still using the modded Minelab GP 3500? What coil were you using and what depths were the nuggets found?

Talk with you soon,

Thanks guys!

Yes, still using the modded 3500 with a old solid 16" round NF mono, but before I leave I make more more pass with the 24" round mono. The two bigger nuggets were found at about 18 inches with the 16" NF.

And you're right... it was great spending time with my sons diggin gold.

Dang Russ...you get the gold they get to dig...such a deal, but wait.....!

I hope my footprints were not over any of those beautys!!! But then I don't know where the Honker patch was hiding...

very nice

fred

Hi Fred,

I have some exceptionally good sons... I offered a three way split of the gold and they said no dad you keep it. I then offerd a $100 bill each for digging and they refushed the money, so they got Filiberto's breakfast burritos and Panda express for dinner.

Beautiful! Can't wait till my kids are old enough to go.

Sounds like those boys are being brought up by a fantastic father. Kids aren't grateful for no reason, they are grateful because their dad gave them something to be grateful about.

Doc

Hi Doc, I've read some of your stories about your sons and I can only say the same about the example you set for them.

I see this pic saved in one of my folders and it reminds me of that trip with you and Rob, Scotty and me...

I hope all is well with you, take care!

post-51918-0-82132900-1359244671_thumb.j