Sunday's Finds

• Admin

Hello All,

Sunday I got out for a few hours to poke around where some areas got washed out pretty good. A few trash targets and 5 gold nuggets for a few hours of hunting. Playing around with the Coiltek 14x9 Blitz Mono Searchcoil again on the Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

It's out there .....

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Uncle Ron,

I didn't get any pictures of them jammed in the bedrock, but should of. I had the camera back at the truck, too lazy to walk back in get it. The gnats were bad, one reason I didn't stick around longer. I didn't have any bug spray with me and they were biting my ears, face and arms.

I didn't weigh them yet, but will do it and post back.

Rob Allison

I've used the dryer sheet in pockets with minor success ... Then I took a wad of them and wiped all my exposed skin and that worked for a bit but seemed to lose strength after an hour or so ... A couple years ago, Minelab sent me a care package that included a bunch of cool stuff including a small spray bottle of insect repellent that worked really really great, but I used it all up and don't know how to replace it ... Best I've found is a head net which works 100% but sometimes is hard to see through if you're in the wrong angle to the sun.. Cheers, Unc

Dern nice gold there Rob!
You always find gold....:)

Keep it up.
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I have heard about the dryer sheets. A matter of fact, a friend of mine that does a lot of fishing mentioned to whip down with a dryer sheet. I will give it a try and see if it helps. I hate to wear a net as it screws with your vision when hiking. I spent enough time with a net in Alaska.

Hey guys, finding gold is not easy. I just happen to know a lot of places to look from all the years I have done it. Hundreds of spots I can always return to after the big storms and normally I can get a few pieces. There are a handful of spots I haven't revisted due to them being much more remote and require some hiking. However, I'm hoping once I do return there will be a few easy ones and maybe a bit bigger in size.

Wishing you all a tons of success.

Rob Allison

Killer day out! Looks like you are still using the trusty ol blitz sometimes, great coil. You got any water up in that area yet? Im feeling a dredging itch that I would like to scratch SOON :)