A little yeller feller

Was able to get out on Fri. with Dave and Jen to do some exploring and detecting up in the San Domingo area. 5 Min. into the hunt I found a little guy. After that LOTS of trash :)  But that is a good thing! Place has not been hit. Which seems unbelievable considering how easy it is to get to and the area around it I know has been hit. It was only down a couple of inches and the 9x14  got it. Saw some old mines, the palo verde trees are starting to bloom. Should look nice in a week or so.  Took a pic of  a tarantula hawk wasp. Nasty little creature if you read up on it. Found an intact box mold bottle! And.....broke another Idler arm on the YOTO. Did find out guys are making a brace to stop this from happening. I will be making one also as this is the 3rd one ive snapped. Getting kind of old. I had a spare in the YOTO so we swapped it out. Great day out and the weather was decent. Got blessed with a little yellow! Been a while. :ya:   

Tom H. 

20190510_131026.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by oldies1955
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2019 at 8:31 AM, nevada brian said:

Love the desert in the spring, nice finds.  A spider that flies, no thank you!

Brian.

No, its a wasp that will sting a tarantula, lay an egg in it, drag it back to its hole and the larva lives off the spiders guts until it hatches. Nature is cruel sometimes.

Tom H.