Minelab SD2100 value?

Hello everyone, a very good friend of mine has a complete Minelab SD2100 (the green one) set up that he is looking to get rid of, but has no clue what they are worth. So I figured I would ask the experts here what their thoughts are! He recently bought a GPZ7000 and wants to either sell his SD2100 or trade it for a new GM1000. He has all stock gear with it and an extra battery and everything functions perfectly. What are y'alls thoughts? Any and all suggestions/comments welcome. Thank you inadvance. 

• Admin

Hey Chris,

The SD and GP series have came way down in price now, as Minelab hasn't supported them in some time.  Also, there are no parts available, so if something happens to them, Minelab will not be able to fix or repair them.   Due to this, age and no chance of repair, the value has really dropped off.   The SDC 2100 is good condition with all accessories is now worth in the range of $750-1000.  Keep in  mind, like you did, you can get a new GPX 4500 with two coils for $2699 and a 3 year warranty still.  The GPX 4500 is 5 detectors newer (8-10 years of advancement) than the SDC 2100 and a great leap in technology.  

Hope this helps a bit,

22 minutes ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Chris,

The SD and GP series have came way down in price now, as Minelab hasn't supported them in some time.  Also, there are no parts available, so if something happens to them, Minelab will not be able to fix or repair them.   Due to this, age and no chance of repair, the value has really dropped off.   The SDC 2100 is good condition with all accessories is now worth in the range of $750-1000.  Keep in  mind, like you did, you can get a new GPX 4500 with two coils for $2699 and a 3 year warranty still.  The GPX 4500 is 5 detectors newer (8-10 years of advancement) than the SDC 2100 and a great leap in technology.  

Hope this helps a bit,

Thanks Rob. Talked to Chris this afternoon and he is certainly excited about what you and I discussed! Can you tell me what weekends you have available in November or mid December? 

• 3 weeks later...