Closing Out Another Year

First off, I have been off the forums for a while.  It's not that I have not been out prospecting, but to be honest, things have just been a little down the last couple years... and well, maybe I got a little in the habit of not talking to people.   I'm sure everyone knows the feeling.  

Anyways, I did a trip with a couple buddies to an area we have been expanding upon for years.  We do ok here and there.  Usually, I have quite the luck, but this time my buddy was rocking it.  He managed to stumble upon a patch and true to his word, after he collected a few, he called out to me so that I could come home with a little gold as well.  It sounds weird, but when we travel off to a place, we try to make sure everyone goes home with gold.  This usually means, get 2 or 3 pcs, you call your buddies over.   

So I got there and went to work.  After a couple hidden cans, I found my first square specimen (sort of strange piece) and then we took turns until I had found my second piece.  Well at this point, we were content.  My buddy that found the patch kept looking and so I moved on, thankful that I would not go home with the skunk.  

At this point it was time to get away from the patch and find new areas.  I tried washes nearby and then ended up circling to the other side of the hill with the patch.  I see a little flat area and head right up to it.  It only seemed like seconds when I got a booming signal.  Once in the scoop, it wasn't long before I felt the weight fall into my hand.  It ended up being a nice chunky 11 grammer.   This day just got better.  Another smaller patch.  Of course my buddies always rag on me for finding the chunkers and skipping over the smaller nuggets.  I guess I can live with that. 

Honestly, it was just a good time hanging out. 

Some before and after pics are shown below.  Best of luck to everyone in the New Year!!

nugget1a.JPG

nugget1b.JPG

Nugget2.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 9:10 PM, AZNuggetBob said:

Nice finds Andyy 

Great lookers too.

It seems every group of hunters has its own patch rules.

Aznuggetbob

AZNuggetBob - I haven't spoken to you in a long time.  You are one of handful who really got me hooked on gold prospecting (what 6 or 7 years ago).  Hopefully some time in the future I get to shake your hand and say thank you.  Cheers.

Edited by andyy
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Andyy

It's great to see you're doing well nugget hunting. I hope some of my comments have helped you out in your nugget hunting adventures. Take care out there Andyy and the best of luck to ya on more.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob
  • Thanks 1