Bitter Sweet..

Sold my  GPZ 7000 and feeling a little bitter sweet about it.

The Z found my 1st over 1 OZT nugget, was 1.2 ozt and many smaller ones.

Only real down side to the Z is the weight, other than that loved it.

So any of you trying the 6000 out? How do you like it whats the good and the ugly..lol?

IMG_9547.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I hear the 7000 is still king.  I sold mine due to weight and efficiency.  I am impressed with the 6000 still getting surprising targets at depth.  Literally stunning at times.  Super small gold still.  I absolutely am not looking backwards.  I can’t pinpoint well still but that’s a me issue.  
Brownie 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I took the plunge and purchased a GpX 6000 from Rob's Detectors.

Hit the gold trail and started to dig targets and get used to the new machine.

Three trips later I had some tiny dirty lil nuggets.

Thanks for another great detector Rob!! Rob always has the best deals.

I have had the detector since about March 10th and it's a keeper, 8 grams so far from a beat up patch.

Best of luck more nuggets than bottle caps to you all;))

IMG_7622.JPG

• Like 4

Nice finds Gravel washer. That first photo is very impressive and the second one wouldnt wreck my day.

I’ll say it again. Get a decent metal detector. If your hunting beat old patches you better get a good detector and Get to know your detector well . this is very important. every model seems to have its own quirks.

Your trying to out pound the people before you.

The rest of it is up to you , your knowlege and hunting skills

And it appears Gravel Washer your doing very well.

Best of luck to you on more.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Thanks way2cool

I just thought I'd clear this up.

I got a PM or two about it.

Definition: “Out Pound”

Hunting an area very slowly and very meticulously again and again sometimes using different metal detectors, coil sizes or shapes and types based on the geology, terrain or vegetation in an atempt to outshoot the people that hunted that area before you.

Unless your finding gold hunting on virgin ground, (never been discovered). It’s a Virgin patch.

Or what I call semi-virgin ground or patch, (found by the old timers and worked with hand tools but never been worked recently or hunted with a metal detector),

Or your trying to “out pound” ground with a metal detector that has been hammered by others and maybe even by yourself. 😃

Take care out there.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of the real problems with being a day-tripper; it's really difficult to look for, much less find, virgin ground. 
You almost have to start somewhere on the edges of where people have found gold before to have a chance to find anything…so out-pounding those who came before (or yourself, as you so aptly stated), is almost the only option.

For the last six years this has been my plight. But one thing I can recommend for people like me, if you are not finding any trash, then move somewhere else because it's a pretty good indicator it's been very well-pounded.

Good luck to all

Edited by FlakMagnet
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Guys,

Great story and some great gold with the new GPX 6000.  Sorry I have been so absent from the forums.  I need to get them jump started once again.  Gravel Washer, thanks for your continued business with us, we surely appreciate it.  Looks like you are really liking the GPX 6000.  I still have both, toggle back in forth from them.   

Rob

Loving the 6k Rob, thanks for the great service as always!!

The 7k does go deeper but the 6k is a joy to swing and rings out great on smaller gold.

More nuggets than flakes to you all!! 

IMG_1999.JPG

• Like 4