Summer Heat is here, Gold is still out there!

• Admin

Hello All,

Sorry the forum is really dropped in attention, but thought I would post a quick one about some gold I found earlier this Summer.  Decided to run out with a friend for a half day of hunting before it got too hot and we ended up doing pretty well.  I rounded up a handful of small nuggets for over 12 Grams and a friend found I think 7 Grams that day.  Since then, we have been back and removed another 20 Grams of gold from the nearly area.  We were both using the Minelab GPX 6000's and hunting shallow ground and bedrock.

Just some suggestions for Summer hunting - Hunt with a partner if you can, bring plenty of water, hydrate the night before.  I suggest some Snake Gaiters, if not Doc's Snake Gaiters/Knee Pad Combo, Light colored clothes, Hat with a good brim and back cover, Sunscreen.  If you start feeling hot, get out of there for the day, the gold is not leaving. 

God Bless,

IMG_0551 (1).jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

And if you do go alone ... carry a SPOT GPS device.  Never needed it, but feels good to have it.

Oh, and nice gold, Rob.   I haven't gotten out much lately, but that fever is starting to burn again.  But with these temperatures, I can't even do the night hunting thing.   For now, maybe just some google prospecting.. or pull out the pendulum.  Probably couldn't do worse.  LOL.

• Like 3

Nice finds Rob. It doesn’t look like your missing much gold. Thats some tiny gold with the chunkies.

It’s good to see your still pounding them out even in this heat. But I prefer night hunting this time of year. 90 degrees isn't bad or I just go up in the hills to beat the heat. Quartzite and other low altitude gold locations is out of the question for me this time of year..

Andyy put your pendulum away. I’ve got just the device for you. It not only map dowses, and pin points huge deposits on Google earth, it finds long lost relatives too and it’s not affected by the heat either. This device is so sensitive it’s scary and you can operate it from the comfort of your living room!. 

Introducing the Wishstick 2000!
This revolutionary new device can find it all, from fabulous treasures to long lost relatives.
20211106_213100.jpg.ee5d7db37cea133f2950

20211106_213142.jpg.42e0d9ebd5d28843eb0a

The Wishstick 2000 is constructed of the finest materials available.
Just check out these fantastic new features.

Genuine ultra sensitive quartz controlled tip, (common quartz crystal)
Unlimited range, (only limited to your imagination)
Fully automatic ground balance, it's not even affected by  minerals.

Low battery alert built into a precision meter, (cheap battery tester)
Finest quality low oxygen copper multi-stranded windings, (lamp cord)
The handle is made of fine quality hardwood,(common Az .mesquite
But wait if you act now we'll include at no extra charge, A positive/negative switch in the handle for tuning out those undesirable relative finds,(obnoxious mother in law)
We have a limited supply of these, (limited to as many as we can sell)
Left handed models also available. (Duh)

Dont delay for those that take advantage of this great offer today we'll include a free AA battery!

Dont miss out on this special offer
Only $2000.00 plus S.H.

We accept payment by Great West Union monygram purchased from S. Africa banks or cash!.
All returns subject to a $1995.00 restocking fee.
Some assembly required.
Another fine product brought to you by Crapyoudontneed Corp. a division of fly by night industries.

Note: This product is for entertainment purposes only, any resemblance to any other product is purely intentional. All rights (if any) are reserved.

I've had this hanging on the wall for years and has been a lot of fun. AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Ok Bob.....thats FUNNY! :)

How are you doing? I got out a few times this year with the 6000. It will find the small stuff. Its like the monster on steroids. 

Waiting for Halloween to get back out. Too stinking hot!

Tom H. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Tom good to hear from you again. 

I put the Wishstick together back in the 90’s It was just a spoof on dowsing rods.

I agree about the heat. Back in the day I was out there in 100 plus without to much problem. But I was also packing four (plastic)canteens or two canteens and a hydration pack and still only hunting a few hours a day in the morning. these days I’m just getting to old for that 100 degree plus hunting. I’ve found hunting from 5:00 am to 10: 00 am up in the hills works pretty good if your not into night hunting..

I agree about the Minelab 6000 as you can see in Robs photo’s it doesn't care about the gold size. it finds them all, big or small. 

Take care out there.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@AZNuggetBob  Too funny.  I had my checkbook out and everything. But I can't be bringing back long lost relatives!!  shoot no.   They were lost for a reason!

@oldies1955  that is great you got out with the 6000.  I just haven't had much time.  When it is 100deg at night, I figure it is time to wait.  Of course, when the temperature drops, the bug season will be here, too.  If we ever get a good rain, the bugs are going to be bad at night.

I can't wait for a meet up with everyone.  I'm not sure that will happen, but I can hope.  Then we can bring Bob's Wish Stick and my Pendulum 😎

• Like 1

Sorry Andyy no personal checks accepted.

Anyway sure I’ll bring the Wishstick. But I think I’ll also bring the Minelab 6000 just in case the Wishstick and Pendulum thing don't work out. 🤣

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 3:14 PM, andyy said:

@AZNuggetBob  Too funny.  I had my checkbook out and everything. But I can't be bringing back long lost relatives!!  shoot no.   They were lost for a reason!

@oldies1955  that is great you got out with the 6000.  I just haven't had much time.  When it is 100deg at night, I figure it is time to wait.  Of course, when the temperature drops, the bug season will be here, too.  If we ever get a good rain, the bugs are going to be bad at night.

I can't wait for a meet up with everyone.  I'm not sure that will happen, but I can hope.  Then we can bring Bob's Wish Stick and my Pendulum 😎

Not worried about the bugs andyy, I’ve got that covered. (check below) I also use it to move bee hives in my spare time. 😀

That is a fancy looking pendulum ya got there. is it a real crystal? or genuine imitation tiger eye.

post-1452-0-81934600-1375631864.jpg

Edited by AZNuggetBob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AZNuggetBob said:

That is a fancy looking pendulum ya got there. is it a real crystal? or genuine imitation tiger eye

Now that hurts, Bob.  Sincere pain, deep within me.  I need the suit just to hide my pain.   I don't accuse your Widget-em-abob of being an imitation!!  😆

So are you saying it is or isn’t genuine imitation tiger eye. 

Andyy between the gold and cabin fever' I think it's already starting to work on ya. I mean I know what its like. what do you do when your pendulum gets lost?

When I start sufferin the ol cabin fever I start map searching, claim searching and planning for the next hunting season. When the next season rolls around I’ve got several new spots just waiting. Its always worked for me in the past. I just do a tour of the places I’ve researched and ad them to the list.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob

20 hours ago, AZNuggetBob said:

So are you saying it is or isn’t genuine imitation tiger eye

honestly, no idea.  But does it matter, as long as it works? 😆

But yes, I have huge cabin fever right now.  I've been spending a lot of time going over maps and then driving out for a few hours to see what the areas look like (no detector).  Just a straw and my hiking legs.  But not more than 30min hike from my 4x4.  Just looking at the geology and for bedrock. 

In a couple weeks when it drops into the 80's at night, I will be out every weekend detecting the night.  I have some great spots lined up.

Keep it cool, Bob!

• Like 1