gold hunting

Garimpo,

I'm beginning to think Colorado Bob might have taken the

teleporter up on a test flight.

Could you keep an eye out for him?

He usually winds up heading south in the thing.

You can't miss him, there's usually a pretty big flash followed by a loud explosion

and alot of cussing....

Let me know if you spot him, so I know he didn't go out and hurt himself.

How's the hunting going...?

Oh btw, the skunk left yesterday too, but I'm sure it's a quick round trip.

best wishes,

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Flak, good to hear from you, did you get my PM?

I'll be listening for any loud bangs, around here that could mean a problem. The ones you don't hear are the ones you have to worry about.

In Brazil they have police road blocks every where. From my house there is one East of here about 5 miles, South 8 miles and North 5 miles. Now they have a new class of rookies in training and their at the one up North.

It's real possible to get stopped and they almost totally disassemble the entire auto. That's how they teach rookies to look for drugs and guns.

So this week I decided to give the old Toyota a few mech. check-ups, so far up to $2,000.00 worth.

Keep the skunk, he likes your caviar and champaign better than my beer and Bologna sandwiches, don't know why.

Hi Garimpo,

well that's good to know that Bob isn't roaring around somewhere

in the air above where you are...

And,

no, I didn't get your PM.

My cat just got offed by a coyote this last week

so I guess I can let the skunk use her sleeping box.

Hope it likes left-over cat food too.

That's the third cat of our's that's been killed up here

not to mention the two guinea pig's and one of the chickens.

The kids are getting tired of pet funerals.

Oh Mac FlakMagnet, had a farm, ei-ei-ooooo. <_<

And on this farm---

he had a hungry coyote,

ei-ei-ooooooo. ;)B)

Excuse me I think that's Willie on the phone. B)

"Nashville or bust" :rolleyes:

Hey Garimpo-Flak,

Garimpo, composing songs now?

Willie on the phone?

Nashville or bust? Well I can believe part of that!!!

How long are those road blocks up for?? We have to get you back out in the field!! :o I can see that you have wayyyyy to much time on your hands. Guess me and Flak could teleport you over the road blocks.

Flak, I have an old cat, 18 years old now. Has had more wrong with him than most people.

De-Nutted, thats Neutered- one time.

Diabetes, one time-cured.

Urinary blockage, two times.

Hyper-active thyroid, gland removed. Still on 5mg Tapazol daily.

Those were some nice little nugg's you found the other day. Keep swinging and you will get over the big-un.

Now if we could just get Garimpo out of the house. If not maybe we could both chip in a couple of bucks for a book on song-writing, and send to him.

Been trying to help SGTFDA perfect a potion that he has over on Bills forum.

Think its on the Electroscope thread or something.

Bob T.

See Flak what happens when you wake an old dog up? :blink:

Ever heard of the old saying "let a sleeping dog lay"? Now you know why. ;)

18 year old cat my ass!! Talk about issues!! Guess his name is "Lucky".

Willie had your Bourbon and coffee yet?

Yea, my Harmonica dried out over night, it's ready.

(Arizona Cat/California Coyote-----wwwaaaaaaa----waaaa-waa)

Even woke up folks over in Hawaiia.

Maybe he's the last surviving Kamikaze pilot, goes by the name of "Chicken Teri Aki".

You're right Bob, I think we're witnessing an advanced case of cabin fever,

Brazil-style.

People usually go musical right before it gets bad.

Better get the teleporter outfitted with a straight-jacket and tranquilizers.

We might have to move fast if this keeps developing.

I'm going over to Bill's forum to check out SGTFDA's potion as a back-up.

(Actually HE might not be a bad back-up).

...and thanks for the kind words on the dots.

Garimpo, drink lots of water and breath deeply...

sometimes it passes quickly...

regards,

Hello Colo. Bob and Flak, yep it happened again, a very familiar "smell". Hope it's just the lingering residue from his last visit. ;)

Bob, since we're 5 hrs. difference, when I'm leaving at 0630 your still doing your "snoring" exercises in the fart sac at 0130. :blink:

When you leave at 0500 just remember that's it's 1000 here and that's when I find a nice shade and have a 15 minute break with bananas, apples, or tangerines.

Sometimes I even have a nugget to take a look at but not today. :(

Hi all, tomorrow June 1 after losing the gold price contest over on Bill's forum I'm heading for the capitol of this state for some more auto parts and to help my amigo that owns the big ranch up North with hauling some more wire for his five strand fence.

So far he's hauled up one ton and now we have about another two tons to take up.

Hope all of you find a lot of gold while I'm out in the big city so I can get jealous.

Good luck all.

When you live in a third world country one of the things that we American have to learn is how to slow down and wait for everything.

So got back from the state capitol yesterday and went to buy a new tire and sure nuff, they were out of the Pirellies. Had planned on leaving for the North country tomorrow but now looks like it will be Tues.

I've learned how to slowed down a little, age will take care of that, but the waiting is still a bugger.

IT'S HAPPENING! :D

Another new adventure is just hours away. :rolleyes:

Finished all the little last minute details, stuff ready to thrown in the P/U and head out 0700 tomorrow.

First stop will be the grocery store to buy a months supply of food for six people.

Four in the family I'm staying with and then there's my amigo and me to feed.

Then tank up on fuel, here it's a bargain at 6.84 a gal. up there it's 8.40 a gal.

Camera and GPS batteries charged and ready.

If no gold back in about two weeks, gold then I'll be there for about a month before coming back.

Any body know if a computer can run on candle power? No electricity there!!

Plenty of beautiful streams that need checking.

I'll check in at the first opportunity. B)

Finally, I love it when a plan comes together, or something like that. Good luck out there. No electricity, hmm, maybe you could find one of those new fangled hand crank laptops, can't get them in the US I don't think. You could give the guys up north, AK way, a little bit of healthy competition.

Rex B.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks here we are back safe and tired.

A lot of rough roads here and they sure took a toll on the Toyota.

I spent three days there getting a brake wheel cylinder and hose replaced, $191.00.

Just to give you an idea what the terrain is like here's a pic of the beeping area.

To the left and right is before the tractor.

I only had time to do a couple of miles, or less, no nuggets but fantastic looking gravels.

Did much better in the river that is the boundary of my friends ranch.

Good gold in every pan. Put the Honda motors in the shop today for their check-up. I'll be taking up the 5" dredge.

The river, one of many there, is a dredgers dream. Hugh areas of flat bedrock with large cracks full of material. Water only about 5-6' deep and the gravel and rocks about 3' max.

post-719-1150763751_thumb.jpg

Update: been busy as a bee getting things ready for the dredging trip up North.

Pick-up repairs, bought four small barrels to transport gasoline in and since they were used I took them to the car wash people today and had them cleaned. Tomorrow going to try and put a canopy on the dredge so my amigo will have a shade to stand and work under.

Still a hundred things to get done and the two Hondas run perfectly after being stored for so long.

Right on BIGFOOT, winter here in paradise. At night down to a chilly 70°, in the jungle away from the asphalt and concrete down to about 65° at night. :blink:

Yep, trading the beeper for a nozzle, actually will still have the beeper with me just in case. Piranha's and the Traira's( their the country cousins to the Piranha with the bad teeth). Some really good color in each pan so have to give it a try.

Also in the rivers here are Stingrays that give a really bad sting with the tail when stepped on. I always wear knee boots when in the water.

Another plus to dredging is no sweat under water and no friggin ticks.

Also 4,500 acres of mountains are hard to cover with a 17" coil.

Hey BIGFOOT, thanks for the receipt offer even though it's definitely "twisted" thinking I got a good chuckle out of it.

No hydraulicking here that I know of but a lot of mercury in the rivers since they've been dredging them for the last twenty years. I sometimes get more mercury than gold.

I believe the new area will be clean since it's virgin to dredging, only panning.