gold hunting

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Flak,

Weather has been wonderful this past week, wind blew some but the temp's were great. Mostly in the 80's.

Next week they are calling for mid to upper 90's over here.

Usually a little hotter over here in what I call the Colorado River Basin area.

In other words from Yuma to Quartzsite, Havasu on to Bullhead City. This can and is a hot hole in the summer.

One thing is, you don't have to worry about a lot of people being in the hills around here in the summer. Just a few of us die-hards, lizards, scorpions, rattlesnakes, a few cats, most are holed up in a cave somewhere, rangers, well they are in an AC office somewhere, and a few pigs, no I am not talking about downtown Quartzsite, but than now that I think about it, hummmmm......!! :unsure:

Bob T.

Hi Colo. Bob & Flak good to see you'll are trying to get out.

Here it's 0800 and the temp is 82°, by noon probably 86° or so.

Bob T. do you have any BBQ in Quartzite? I got that craving going strong. Not one BBQ rib in the whole of Brazil, so much for paradise huh.

Guess your teleporter alarm malfunctioned or you had to wrong coordinates. If you and Flak arrived and only saw folks standing around with just grass around their waist, called "ass grass", you need to set in new coords. and quick. :lol:

Yesterday was beautiful and today is the same, sitting in the house nursing a severely pulled leg muscle. It's not fun trying to drive 38 miles back to the house with your right leg trying to draw up under you. :blink:

Hey Garimpo,

There is a guy that is almost always set up here, Billy Bobs BBQ. Havent saw him for a couple of weeks. But then he sometimes goes up to Parker and sets up there.

Wears rubber gloves all the time, health rules, anyway he handles the meat the BBQ tools, the sauce containers, fire wood and about anything else with those rubber gloves on. At least I guess his hands are still clean at the end of the day when he takes the gloves off :rolleyes: .

I have heard the BBQ is real good and I see a lot of truckers eating at his place.

Its an open air setup. Heck, with the meat being well cooked any germs are roasted anyway. Besides I havent heard of anyone who has croaked yet.

Nope, Garimpo, we didnt show because of a little problem. I have never transported two people at a time in the teleporter. Had the coords. just right.

But at the same time as I engaged, there was a power drop and that coupled with two people being inside dropped us way short of the target.

Ended up in Caracas Venezuela. When the smoke cleared I looked around for Flak and he was gone, couldnt find him anywhere. Not sure what happened to him!!!

On disengaging, I seemed too have a lot of trouble getting through the door. Once outside I checked myself over and discovered that I now have a huge hump on my back, probably an extra 40 or 50 lbs., and I feel all squeeze inside, now you don't think that maybe.....nooo, couldnt be......Flak..FLAK......you in there?

Had a great trip anyway, wondered around town for awhile and noticed that the price of GAS down there was only .12 US, per gal.. Now knowing that the US is subsidizing the goverment down there, I could feel a great warmth flowing through out my body because I was finally able to see our tax dollars at work.

Bob T.

WOW, Bob T, I thought I was a "bull shipper" but my hats off to you now. :huh:

Better get back on your Granola breakfast diet, see what happens when you go three days and no good BM, all bound up and full of it. ;)

And poor Flak, I can just hear him now scrambling around for his "shrinks" phone number,

probably visions of "ass grass" did him in. :lol:<_<

Without a doubt I now know three people that desperately need to get out in the fresh air and do more beeping.

Bob! Garimpo! Where are you guys?!!!

(hold on a minute)

ok

the shaking stopped, it's fine now...

Bob, the last thing I remember was all that wind and you yelling 'Oh s%&*'!

I landed on my head with a tremendous impact in a small jungle clearing in the pouring rain.

I think I must have been unconscious for awhile,

but when I came to, I knew I had to be close to our target because of all the rain

and the faint but unmistakable smell of skunk.

But Garimpo, the women! You never told us about the women!

(hold on, she's bring me something more to drink)

The women are all very friendly and as I mentioned, alot cuter than Garimpo told us Bob, ALOT CUTER.

Anyway, they all seem know where you live Garimpo and promise that when the wound in my back heals they will help me get to where you are.

By the way, I have no idea how I lost a huge gaping hunk of flesh in my back,

it must have been during the explosion.

How come the younger women all smile and roll their eyes when I mention your name Garimpo?

(ladies, that's beautiful, I'll have some as soon as I finish writing this)

So, I think it's going to be a fairly long healing process, it's just hard to tell right now.

I'll keep you guys...(hold on).

(not now, I'm just finishing writing my friends, but it looks really great draped off one shoulder like that)

I'll keep you guys posted on how my recovery is going.

Bob I hope you get better soon - man, that sounds like a nasty experience you had.

Then we'll still meet at Garimpo's.

I just hope the ringing in my ears stops,

that and the rain.

Oh and Bob, I don't see any tax dollars at work here anywhere, I'll keep checking though.

don't worry about me...

regards,

Flak, it's now confirmed for sure-----------

Your past hope or worry. :rolleyes:

but thanks for the good laugh. :lol:

Ain't seen hide nor hair of Bob either.

Hope he didn't have on Bermuda shorts, the women here love beautiful hairy legs. I guess you've found that out by now. :rolleyes:

Whew! Man O Man, what a trip. Sure is good to be back home in one piece.

Of all the stuff we took with us, I only brought back two things. One of those grass skirts and my virginity. Plumb proud of my self. :lol::rolleyes:;)

Don't know what happened to Flake, probably still showing off those hairy legs of his. :o

Bob T.

Hey guys,

just a quick catch-up note here,

(uh oh, hang on)

(Ladies that was really kind of you, you made that for me?

Just hang on a minute I'm writing a few friends but I can't wait to try it)

Anyway Bob, Garimpo,

the rain has died down, but the smell of skunk is still just overwhelming.

That was quite a blast when it let go.

There's wreckage all over everywhere Bob - my ears are still ringing.

Some of the stuff is still smoking.

What did you fuel that thing with anyway?

Looks like a long, tough recovery period, but, like I said, it's hard to tell.

Might be out of touch for awhile,

don't worry about me.

Flak - or Flake as Bob has taken to calling me

(ok ladies, come on in I'm all set to see what you cooked up)

Something good may be about to happen Flake,excuse me, FLAK dang that Bob T.

The small airport here at least has a asphalt runway. That's pretty close to where progress ends, anyway yesterday I heard this airplane circling the town, just over my house actually.

As small as this place is if an airplane made a circle and stayed within the city limits it would be considered an acrobatic maneuver. :o

My wife says I'm "nosey" but I correct her and say I'm "inquisitive" so I jumped in the old and dirty Toyota and headed for the airport, about three miles out of town.

When I got a good close look at the plane I thought I was having "flash backs" to a couple of years ago.

At that time there was a plane with a "stinger" sort of thing sticking out the back of it and it would fly "grids" all day for miles in every direction.

Itttttt''''ssssss back!!! B)

At that time the rumors were rampid as you can imagine in a small town. The best story that I heard was the Japanese were doing aerial surveys and they found that the surrounding area is loaded with fine gold that goes down very deep and their going to open a large open pit mine.

Well, it happened only about 50 miles NW of here.

So I got to talking to the pilot, who speaks a little English then I find out that of the crew of 5 people about three of them speak English a little.

The company that owns the plane and a ton of electronics inside is a Holland company that does aerial surveys for minerals for different clients. Rumors? Haa!!

It seems that their work is fairly confidential, but I did find out that they can "find" gold down past a depth of 500 feet.

Bruce Candy are you listening? How about a new detector and call it the GP500 Magnum, then later the GP 500 Super Magnum. ;)

Their stay will be for about a month, HQ in one of the hotels here. Hope to find out more information later.

May have to turn my assistant loose on them who speaks perfect Portuguese. Here is a pic of my assistant doing some field work.

post-719-1146485892_thumb.jpg

Garimpo,

I remember your assistant well. She has graced these pages before I believe.

So that's what speaking Portugese does for someone? Hummmm.

I like how the old bird-dog instinct goes off in you, a sign of good instincts and good training.

The Holland company huh? Did you google search it?

Bob they're finding gold down to 500 feet!

Do you know what that means?

That means we're gonna need a bigger digging tool.

And how are we gonna get THAT into the transporter...

WOW! You guys should make a movie, you could call it, BACK TO THE PAST! OUT OF THE FUTURE< OVER THE HILL FINDING GOLD SOMEWHERE! Kinda long title, but better than BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN GOLD HUNTERS. ha! Ha! GRUBSTAKE Or I guess down there where you are Garimpo, it would be called GAY CABILARO! In Geogia it would be Deliverance I guess. Hell of a tellaporter.

Skunk was just sitting there waiting on me.

Yesterday went to an area that it's been a couple of years since I was there and at that time went in on the South side, where my amigo had a wash plant going.

Since that time a very large area on the North side has been cleared and the trees turned in charcoal.

So this time I decided to try to find the bandeirante (slave digs) from this side since it's a lot easier drive.

First pic shows my play ground in the center of the trees, it's about 1/4 mile of several varieties of thorn trees, with poison thorns, I've tried that before and didn't like the infections. Also about two hundred yards inside the trees at the start is a creek that has to be waded.

Don't mind getting wet, by this time my clothes are already soaked with sweat anyway but the big friggin snakes that call this area home that worries me a little.

The mosquitoes here are big and hungry for gringo blood, no kidding they are big enough to cast a shadow on the ground.

Finally found the slave digs, missed them by about two hundred yards. This is the first time that I've been all the way through from one side to the other. What a hard job. So much brush and thick forest it's almost impossible to traverse. The area is much larger than I thought the last two times I was there. I'm guessing about 50 acres.

Better to wait until later in the year and maybe some body will burn the mess off.

Second pic is the entrance to adventure, if you can call total sweat down and getting eat alive by misquotes an adventure.

thumbnail(s)

post-719-1146948422_thumb.jpg

post-719-1146948460_thumb.jpg

Yep, transporter is up and running.

After looking at those pictures of Grimpo's, think I'll wimp out and take a rain check.

However that open area does look real good, Hummmmm!!!

Mosquitoes large enough to cast shadows??? Well been wanting to repair my particle beam gun anyway. :unsure:

Bob T.

CO Bob the ion flux redistributor that you requested for the particle beam gun is on it's way! ^_^ Should make a nifty father's day present, fun for the whole family :blink: Don't think it would work for Mother's Day though. :mellow: (Hey, I started the whole tele...... stuff humor me here) :rolleyes:

Apr 14 2006, 09:58 PM

Post #255

"Ok, everyone, there's an outing on in Brazil for anyone interested. If we had the tele...... systems perfected by now, I would be there in a flash, literally. Alas, no such luck. Beam me up and over to Brazil Scotty. laugh.gif I guess it's somehow a good thing that things aren't meant to be that easy. rolleyes.gif "