gold hunting

10:10 AM Friday morning, a holiday for Pascoa or Easter. You see here they don't take off just one day for a holiday, they take as many as they can get, which is usually several.

I guess it's about 4:00 or 5:00 am there so how's the coffee that's imported from Brazil Flak and Bill? My first pot is about finished but it's fresh ground.

The ranch where I used to find the big ones is only 22 miles from my house but to get there requires a 80 mile drive, which 30 are a bad dirt(mud) road. Also a bad owner with a bad son, they have a nasty habit of killing people, so for three years since they bought the place I don't hunt there but I have permission from the ranch owner next door. So going to a particular hill on the good ranch which was just across the fence from where I have found gold in the past on the bad ranch I found these little guys.

Next week Toyota goes into the shop for a "check-up" and then probably off to Parnamirim, Pernambuco. Hurry Flak, can't wait much longer, first ones there get the easy big ones.

post-719-1145021067_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145021104_thumb.jpg

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am smelling the coffee as it finishes brewing downstairs.

I can almost imagine having to drive 80 miles to go 20 since I live in the

ourskirts of the Los Angeles area.

Driving 2000 miles over dirt roads? Now that sounds like a real doozer.

Have ridden around Africa for weeks at a time on what they call roads,

I can only liken them to the roads you are talking about on the way to Parnamirim.

btw, I did look up the coordinates you posted -- it was very hard to

tell from the degraded image on Google Earth just what to expect terrain-wise.

Are you really going up there?

Hi Flak, the times I was in Africa the rebels would shoot at us----that's another story.

Yep for now I'm about 80%-82% certain of going to Parnamirim. SW of there about 400 miles or so are some serious mountains I'll have to cross. The last time I was there I pulled off into one of the little streams that was blocking the road and somewhere about the middle the water was just at the top of the fenders. Soiled two pairs of skivvies that trip and no gold. The closest town then was Arraias.

Have to get the Toyota in the shop for a good check-up, bad country there and dry as a desert so I'll be taking drinking and cooking water with me. Bathing will be Australian bush style.

Glad to see you had a good time with the boys over in Arizona, is that you with the Hawaiian shirt and beach towel around your shoulders?

Did you get any gold or did the AZ boy hog it all?

The Arizona outing was a great time.

I didn't find any gold in the ground, but there was plenty around the campfire...nice people.

My Hawaiian shirt and beach towel were in the laundry pile at home...next time I'll dazzle

everyone with them...lol.

I'm just going say it once; your journey to Parnamirim would make a good story I am sure.

I'm sure there are a bunch of us looking forward to it.

I can send you an extra pencil if you want...

regards,

Ok, everyone, there's an outing on in Brazil for anyone interested. If we had the teleporter systems perfected by now, I would be there in a flash, literally. Alas, no such luck. Beam me up and over to Brazil Scotty. :lol: I guess it's somehow a good thing that things aren't meant to be that easy. :rolleyes:

rexb, great idea let me know when the testing is done. Be sure to use the coordinates from above and while your testing be sure to just test one person at a time, don't need any body parts swapped out while in cyber space or a lot of little pieces scattered all over Brazil. ;)

Oh yea, is the teleporter going to use PayPal or cash only? :huh:

Beautiful day out and here I am on the damn computer. Decided to stay at the casa today because of the holiday.

Wishing everybody a happy and safe Easter. :D

Garimpo and Rex,

Ok.

I'm all packed.

My PayPal account is pretty messed up...but PayPal likes it that way

or else they'd fix their proceedures right?

I took two asprin, just in case there is a little headache on the reentry.

Where do I get in line for that teleporter?

Man talk about a border crossing huh?

Happy Easter too Garimpo.

Hello Flakmagnet,

If I'm running the teleportation consol you'll probably need more than an aspirin upon arrival in Brazil, maybe a teleportation to the mayo clinic would be in order. :o Don't worry about paypal I'll make an exception in this case and only require a small percentage of your Pernambuco finds. You can stand in line at your local McDonalds starting next week, as my agent tells me he has secured a deal with them, but you have to buy a happy meal or an egg mcmuffin before you can use their restroom, er I mean room. Illegals will not be allowed to enter the country with the device and illegals already in the country may be zapped back to their homeland. Hmm, must have too much time on my hands this Sat. afternoon. :blink:

wayupnorth it sounds like your up a creek and I hope to be also tomorrow. ;)

Let me explain that, remember a couple of weeks ago I posted about a new coil from Germany? Just talked to the guy that showed me the coil and he got 15 grams today with it. He said in an area that he and I beeped about 2 years ago.

The plane now is for both of us to return to that area tomorrow and have a shoot out to see which coil does or doesn't do what. Who ever gets a signal is supposed to call the other over and test the other coil.

I've tried this same thing before but what always happens is when these guys get a signal they flail away at the target and don't think of anything else. We'll see. :unsure:

What ever happens I'll be sure to let you know.

Colorado Bob and all. What day this has been, forgot what it was like to put in a whole day of beeping.

Everything from big toe to almost hair hurts. A good reminder that I need to hurry and find that multi-kilo pocket. :P

Ok, now for the shoot-out with a 17" NF ele. mono and the German 15" mono ele, goes by the name of Hunter. Looks just like a 15"(?) Commander with a different sticker.

We did return to one of our old patches today but this time we had a tractor to do a little clearing work.

I worked the tractor pushes while my amigo went off on a scouting trip. My work was slow, very slow but productive. I was to tired to even count the little nugs before I put them in the cleaning solution, I think around 10-12.

Three times I called my amigo over to check out a target I had with the GPX and the NF 17" and he managed to get a signal on one out of the three.

After about an hour after we started he was about 100 yds from me and dug a signal, what did I tell you yesterday, the hole he dug was about 16-18" deep and the nugget was a very nice 25.6 gramer.

Going back tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

Now for some pain meds (Ancient Age)and the bed. Maybe pics tomorrow.

Can everybody say "pheeeeewww" in case you don't recognize him I think FlakMagnet shipped his skunk South.

But I'm not complaining, finally got to count the little nugs from yesterday and I ended up with 17 for a total weight of 9.0grams. In the pic below their snuggling up to the Kangaroo. Also my amigo's nugget after cleaned up weighed 25.6 grams.

I saw the hole the 25.6 grammer came out of and the Hunter coil did punch down about 16-18" for it. My amigo is also using the Hunter battery. It's about 1/2 again as big as the ML battery. It has a on/off switch on the battery and uses a different charging plug. It was new, big and heavy. It died right after lunch and he had to use my ML backup which is going on four years old.

Pics below show some of the de-forestation and the nuggets.

post-719-1145664988_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145665035_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145665069_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145665112_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145665146_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145665177_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145665209_thumb.jpg

Hey Garimpo,

Nothing wrong with any of that stuff. Looks good to me.

Havent been out since the last find that I posted a few days ago.

Last time I was out my bike beat me up, too old for that abuse, so went and bought me a new ATV and trailer yesterday.

Now if I just had an X marks the spot!!!

So now what do you think of the Hunter?? Also whats going on with the batt.? Was it old or just not made for a long day or wha

Happy beeping.

Bob T.

Colorado Bob, your going to love that ATV. I sure miss mine. Be careful that you don't get in the habit of more ATV fun and less "beeping" fun.

The test of the Hunter coil didn't go good because my amigo didn't go along with the idea of a test. When he beeped the 25.6 gram nugget he was only about 50 yards from me and all he had to do was holler and the test would have begun, but like I said these guys here don't do any testing at all when they get a target, no switch changing, no directional changing, nothing but digging.

I saw the hole he took the nugget out of, a good 16-18 inches deep, would have been a perfect test for the NF 17" mono ele. On top of the ground I could still get a signal at least two feet away.

When I called him over to check out three different small nuggets he could only hear one out of the three.

The Hunter battery is a monster, size and weight wise, uses a different charging system than the ML, has a on/off switch on the battery and the one that died yesterday was new and had been charged the night before. My amigo thought that the rough road might have caused the battery to fail but it was about 6" from my ML battery, so that theory doesn't fly.

To clear up why my amigo is using the Hunter coil, the dealer here also sell CT, Garrett, Fisher and the German stuff. My amigo is using the Hunter along with the SD2200 that he borrows from the dealer and then he pays the dealer 40% of his finds.

Speaking of the finds, I had the nuggets in my cleaning solution over night and yesterday when we returned they were headed for the gold buyer here so I bought the whole batch.

Anybody want to buy some ugly nuggets (specimens)?

For everybody that's been listening to me rant and rave about going North to Parnamirim, Pernambuco just to let you know the trip got canceled last night. Received news of a family issue that may require me to visit the US in the near future.

I was getting a little worried about part of the trip anyway. Here with the political climate as it is instead of fixing a situation they just post signs, maybe.

Example: only about 20% of the roads are paved and when they are in dire need of repair, big chug holes that take out front tires and exhaust systems, they put on the map for that stretch of road little brown squares to indicate extremely bad conditions instead of repairing the road.

About 240 miles of the road to Parnamirim, on the map has a warning about frequent assaults (hijackings) instead of cleaning up the bandits. Even an increase in police presence usually doesn't help because many times the bandits are the police.

While preparing for the trip I was changing the skid plate on my NF 17" coil, switching to a Kevlar skid plate. In a few post back Bill Southern said that when he changes his he uses silicon instead of Shoe Goo and I agree with him 100% for the reasons he states but this coil protector fit so tight that I was concerned that with just silicon sealant it would pop off, so I went with the Shoe Goo stuff, I'll probably regret it later but for now that momma is sealed good.

Here's what the mess looked like, old plate, new one like the one clamped on and the finished product.

post-719-1145900499_thumb.jpg

post-719-1145900542_thumb.jpg

Garimpo,

Well, I have to say I am glad you are not going 2000 miles through strange and

potentially dangerous territory...it just doesn't match up.

My take anyway.

As for the potential trip to the U.S., I hope it is not an unhappy situation and that it is resolved

to your satisfaction.

Of course, if you should find yourself within shouting distance of the

Colorado dude or me or any of the many followers and contributers to your marathon threads,

I would hope you'd give a holler...we could call an impromptu meeting right Bob?

regards,

COLO.BOB, that's a good one about the landing gear and full power, unless of course your on an aircraft carrier with the tail hook down. Kinda like grabbing a armadillo by the tail.

Flak, can't rule out anything at this point about coming up for a visit.

If at all possible I would really like to meet all you guys and gals. Can't rule that out either, just have to wait and see for now. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Going through bad country is a common occurrence here, some just worse than others, especially when they post the warnings on the road atlas. Also I do have good areas that are a lot closer and more civilized.

Go get some gold everybody, that cures a lot of ills.