gold hunting

Life is good-----GOLD----Antiques----Emeralds----Diamonds----Quartz Crystals

Gee Garimpo, Looks to me like the skunk went way south of you and just like a good wolf you snuck right into the hen house. Good liking pictures. Sometimes the gems are prettier than the gold but not very often. Good luck to you and all the family down yonder.

Bob...The 29 Prospector

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gems? Did somebody say gems? Ok, guess it wouldn't hurt to look at how they get Emeralds here.

This is the elevator equipment.

Now for the work crew to go below.

For a lift bucket they use a truck tire turned inside out. This one mine has three owners and when they start lifting material out all three owners are there to record the number of buckets that come to the surface. Talk about trust!

One of the owners is the woman in the hat. Tough old broad.

post-719-1139157999_thumb.jpg

post-719-1139158094_thumb.jpg

post-719-1139158153_thumb.jpg

post-719-1139158289_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow is another day in retirement. So since planning is critical as to how your going to spend your valuable time, here's my plan for tomorrow.

Up at 0530 out the drive-way 0600. Drive about 35 miles East of here to some more old slave digs that I've found nuggets at before. There's acres and acres of their little tailings piles.

In 150 years a lot of trees and brush has grown up in them which makes it really tough to detect.

There's several really bad roads, 4x4 into this area and the last time I was in there was about four months ago with the owners permission. Also there was one of the really not so nice outlaws here, him and his son had been there for some time without permission, camped out. When they saw me they thought that it would be better if I didn't hang around, the son was even showing me his pistol he had in his pocket.

It was fairly easy to convince them that my friend and companion, Mr Glock Model 26 was a little more fire power than they had. It was decided that since the area was so big there was enough room for all of us.

So much for life in the slow lane.

Tomorrow is another day in retirement. So since planning is critical as to how your going to spend your valuable time, here's my plan for tomorrow. 

Up at 0530 out the drive-way 0600. Drive about 35 miles East of here to some more old slave digs that I've found nuggets at before. There's acres and acres of their little tailings piles.

In 150 years a lot of trees and brush has grown up in them which makes it really tough to detect.

There's several really bad roads, 4x4 into this area and the last time I was in there was about four months ago with the owners permission. Also there was one of the really not so nice outlaws here, him and his son had been there for some time without permission, camped out. When they saw me they thought that it would be better if I didn't hang around, the son was even showing me his pistol he had in his pocket. 

It was fairly easy to convince them that my friend and companion, Mr Glock Model 26 was a little more fire power than they had. It was decided that since the area was so big there was enough room for all of us. 

So much for life in the slow lane.

You know, nothing like a Mr Glock Model 26 to level the playing field. I'm to sure I would want to spend the nite with someone else there. Sleep in shifts. Its not that I would mind having to shoot someone, its the fact that it would spoil a good nites sleep. I learned how to sleep very lite in Vietnam. Them bast##ds were very quite and sneaky.

Bob

Know what you mean about leveling playing fields Bob. Back then when we were young, dumb and lucky to be here now, my preference was a .45 and pump 12ga.

A lot of time here I have stayed out in the bush for several nights but then found out gradually that I couldn't trust anyone here. So now I just "lonesome Geo. "it and come back every night. I worry more about the police here than I do about the "low lifes".

If they ever see my constant companion Mr. Glock it's a mandatory five years in prison for me.

In Papua New Guinea to get caught with a pistol was automatic five years and one year for each round of ammo.

Not going today, for the last five hours it's been raining about 2" an hour. A lot of places back there would sure like to have some of this rain.

It seems like no matter what you do, some days your the dog and somedays your the fire hydrant. As for now, we still have the right to bear arms. Of course you have to have trigger locks, lockable cases, amino in one area and the weapon in another. I taught my wife and daughters how to load, shoot and don't regrete it. If someone breaks into the house, retreat to the mastewr bedroom, lock the door, load the weapon and be ready to use it. If they come thru the bedroom door, they are not coming for a prayer meeting. Shoot and let decide. Even now, that could land you in jail. Can't win. But hell, if you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, it's going to be a good day.

Later my friend,

Bob

AMEN to all the above Bob. Glad to hear you taught your family how to defend the home stead. It all sounds like good thinking and planning.

Today I was the hydrant, maybe tomorrow will be my day.

yep when im out and about always have mr glock and sometines his friend mr sig

and their cousins mr smith & wesson with their mobles the beautfull model 29 with the 44 bust and model 27 with her magmun reach in arizona we still have the toys and can carry em.Bought a rem mington xr-100 Range Master with 3x9 leupold scope and a remington 700 VSF varmint stainless fluted with same scope

$2000.00 CLOSER TO BEING BROKE AGAIN o well hey I mite be a gun nut if i have 3 browning safes is that a sign :)

Good planning always pays, except for today.

Out the driveway on time, got to the slave digs and started. These digs I've seen hundreds of times but never stopped at them. The rock piles here are big, about three times higher than most.

The trees are so bad it's almost impossible to beep the rock piles. The slaves were really going deep there.

By 12:00 noon the TSM's had already started so head for the house.

Better to be skunked in the open clean air, sunshine(?), sweat and hard assed work than getting skunked in the house.

Hi Flak, thanks for the smile on my face.

I've been wondering if anyone else is having problems with Google Earth, now I know.

I've tried changing nearly every setting in my comp. but it seems when I change something the program then shut down even faster.

You know the old saying, today I'm the hydrant.

I'm sure getting sick of sitting in this casa(house). I'm going tomorrow even if I have to break out the mask and snorkel.

Flak, the rainy season here last from Nov. thru April.

All the rivers are bank to bank and pure mud.

98% of the roads here are dirt, mixed with lots of water=MUD

That's why I run mud tires on all four wheels

Actually all 4x4 really does is allows you to get further from help before you bury the mother.

Been checking my PM and it's still empty.

What is there to do when it rains every day and when you do run out between down pours you'll find the weeds are knee high to waist high?

One thing that comes to mind is inventory, figuring expenses, mileages, fuel used, you know the drill.

How do you make doing inventory fun-----try this.

post-719-1140480724_thumb.jpg

What is there to do when it rains every day and when you do run out between down pours you'll find the weeds are knee high to waist high?

One thing that comes to mind is inventory, figuring expenses, mileages, fuel used, you know the drill.

How do you make doing inventory fun-----try this.

Hey garimpo, Inventory can be fun, just like you showed us. But my question is this, who the hell has time to cut grass? Between sleeping, eating and prospecting, hell you got to be tired when you get home. Wait long enough and no one will be able to find you. :lol:

Bob

Hi Bob, good point about the grass(lawn type).

It all goes back to planning. Like I said planning when your retired is critical since we don't know how much or how little time we have left.

Example: when I rented this house in 1998 one of the main reasons was because it doesn't have one blade of grass. Every inch is either concrete or hand laid rock. Don't own a lawn mower either.

post-719-1140556180_thumb.jpg