I will give away a Bounty Hunter 840 VLF/TR Discriminator metal detector to anyone who can guess how many grams of gold that Rob finds in Alaska.

It can be only one winner so the first person that post the closest amount without going over will be the winner.The contest will close on Sunday June 11th. at 6pm central standard time.I will ship it free to the lucky winner after Rob tells how much he found.

The detector is about twenty years old but I'm am the first to put batterys in it and try it out.(It could be older!)I pick it up at a garage sale.

Best of luck to all! Chuck

A very nice gesture RidgeRunner;

may I suggest you amend to the first closest guess without going over...I think Rob has a nose for gold, good luck and a big one is waiting with his name on it so my bid is 812 grams which is about 29 troy oz...

just for fun

Fred

Hi All

I'll bet less than 60 grams of gold with about 100 grams of butt ugly quartz attached if he uses his minelab :( . If he uses a Whites VLF at least an easy 310 grams of gold but you know the pix will be on a coiltech coil and the story at least 28 inches deep :mellow:;) !! You can keep your antique detector I got enough shit layen around here :huh: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Guest VinMan

Are we talkin gold OR quartz here? Cause a 15 oz nug may only have 7 ozers of gold <_< . But anyway, I'm saying 155 grams gold. Quartz 300 so 455 total grams B)

Just a note, most of the stuff found at Moore Creek will be spiecie with rock and gold...my quess was for total weight combined...he will really be happy if all his gold is solid not mixed...anyway I don't need a detector just funning...

fred

:blink: I guess 199 grams total weight.

I will give away a Bounty Hunter 840 VLF/TR Discriminator metal detector to anyone who can guess how many grams of gold that Rob finds in Alaska.

It can be only one winner so the first person that post the closest amount without going over will be the winner.The contest will close on Sunday June 11th. at 6pm central standard time.I will ship it free to the lucky winner after Rob tells how much he found.

The detector is about twenty years old but I'm am the first to put batterys in it and try it out.(It could be older!)I pick it up at a garage sale.

Best of luck to all!                                  Chuck

Ridge Runner,

I don't mean to be a smart aleck, but I want to make sure I understand whether the contest is for gold only or also the weight of any rock attached to the gold? I suppose the weight is for the specie attached as well? Ok, 4.1 oz. (128.1 grams) total - gold and quartz.

Rex

I would think it would be total nugget weight, not broken up by how much rock is with it. At least thats the way I figured. I don't think they are going to take time to do a Spec. gravity test on evey nugget. Grubstake

Everybody I'd have to say total with rock,gold and how Rob found it. The story may add more weight to it. I don't think Rob will let us alter his nuggets in any way. Most gold will have some rock are other what ever that may be attach to it.

So if you had weight for gold only and not rock with it you can go change your guess.

I was thinking of how he got it out of the ground when I started this contest. If it is a next time I have a contest I'll think out loud and say it.

The detector works great but you can tell that its a older model because when you turn it on it takes time to come alive.

Chuck