Any Word on Moore Creek?

• Admin

Hello All,

Just curious if anyone has heard how Glenn and a few others are doing at Moore Creek? I know Dave from Tucson was also up there the same week.

Wonder if Glenn can pull off another 1 Troy Pound week? :huh:

I should be hearing from him soon, so if I hear something first I will post it.

Wishing them all luck,

Rob Allison

It should be interesting how they do. Dave from Ohio went back for a 2nd round too. I heard that Steve moved a lot of material around after the 1st and 2nd week so lots of fresh ground to hunt. If you remember those rows near the road that you, Glenn and I hunted that first year? Steve scaped that area and found some goodies. I hope the weather held out for them...the McGrath webcam showing a lot of puddles. I can't wait to hear the results too!

Hi Guys,

Well, bad news is the day I got to Moore I went to use the dozer and discovered a rail broken on the track. Good news is I spotted it before getting into a bad spot and having the track come completely off. But that means no dozer work got done prior to Glenn and Dave arriving.

Gary C was there for 5 days and got a 1.5 oz chunk with lots of nice white quartz in it, plus a .85 oz and another smaller one I think.

Dave and Glenn were there one day when I left. Glenn had a couple nuggets and Dave one. All were under an ounce. I have no idea how they did after I left however so am as curious as anyone else.

We are planning a sprocket and track change in late August which should solve the track issue once and for all. Which is a big deal as next summer I want to doze at least every other day. Or maybe daily but rotate between areas.

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

Hello Rob, I got word while in Moore Creek that my mother was dying so I left early, it took me 7 plane changes and 36 hours in airports all over the west, have no idea where my luggage went, but I got to Ohio in time, the end could come at any time. I have two more days off before I have to start shuffling work around. The short time I did spend in Moore Creek was great, it just keeps getting better and better, huge improvements already and many more in the works, we got more rain than I wanted which slowed down the hunting and trying to figure out where to hunt with all the pushed trails and other areas. Just started getting my stride when I had to leave but still managed 5 nuggets, although none over an ounce, watch out next year though. Talk to you more when I get back to Az.

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but, a local just got back from Alaska. Found no gold. I asked him if he heard anything about Gaines or Moore creek. Said someone came in and bought one of them out.

Don't want to hear that!

Any input?

Shep

Hi Shep There was an offer for Ganes but as far as I know the deal never went thru, so as far as Moore, Ganes, Swift, etc it is business as usual. As far as no gold, Dang I can go out in my back yard and dig up some ;) . Well we all know how that is, gold is hard to find, but the persistant, find places thru research and hard work and gold in varying amts usually ends up in their poke. The key words being Patience, Persistance and Positive Attitude plus it sure helps being able to set your machine properly for the area you are in, where gold has been found before..... Good Luck All Geo

Glenn sorry to hear about your Mom and glad you were able to get out, leaving from remote spots is sometimes trying at Best. I lost my Dad in 1993 at that time I was at Cape Lisburne I was lucky enuff to have spoken with him the nite before He passed, but we were in the throes of a Winter Storm, when the Cessna Twin finally landed it was -45F and the wind was cross cutting the runway at 35 plus knots, to this day, I don't know why the plane came in as they did have a cutoff point for crosswinds

Hi,

Glenn, I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. There is nothing more I can say that can convey how much I feel for you at this time. I wish we had more time to visit at the mine. It was nice sitting there late that night after we ran the bear off. Take care of yourself in this difficult time.

Steve Herschbach

Glenn

As you know it don't make any difference how old you are because you will always be your Mothers baby. A mothers love for her child has to be the deepest love that a person can have.

I know that one day I will lose mine because I see her slowing down and she's not as sure on her feet as in the past.

My heart is sad for you and I my pray is for you.I hope that God tells her to stay awhile longer with you.

Take care Glenn!

Chuck Anders

I want to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers, I can't thank Mike enough for getting me out in time, my mother passed on with three of her four children beside the bed three days after I got there. It was a tough time but it also was a time of healing and renewing family ties. i am now back in Az and ready to rescue some of those poor yellow rocks from the sand and looking forward to June in Alaska.