Arctic Cat with a bigger Cat

Just got my mag. on Arctic Cat and now they have a new one called Thunder Cat 1000.The new 950cc H2 V-Twin liquid cooled.

I had a 300cc Arctic Cat and it would take me anyplace I wanted to go! I'm sure this will be like a big car with the gas pump having to be closer. One thing you can say is Man I've Got The Power. They didn't put a price on it but I'd say you can buy two Minelab GPX for about the same money.

Chuck Anders

PS They also have a smaller cat new for 2008. It's a 366cc that is 100 lbs lighter than 400cc 4x4 so they say.

• Admin

Hey Ridge Runner,

I'm in the market right now for a quad. Been looking at several dealers, just not certain what manufacture or model I'm going to purchase. Thought about a Yahama Rhino, but I think it's too big for what I'm wanting to use it for.

Leaning towards a Polaris, but leaving my options open.

Any suggestions,

Rob Allison

Rob

I had a 300cc Actic Cat and was a great ATV. It carried me and one other guy over alot of Alaska. They have this new one for 2008 366cc auto that they say is 100 LBS lighter than 400cc 4x4 and you can get it with 4x4.Go to www.arcticcat.com/ click on atvs then utility.Sometimes I wish I had it back but at the time I had to pull a trailer to carry it.

Grubstake

The way they talk about the diesel it must be bad.With 50% greater fuel mileage and the first scheduled rebuild at 10,000 hours.

I hate to buy something that will out live me!

Chuck Anders

Grubstake

I've got two years on him. He could do like a girl here in San Antonio about 25 years ago she was in her late twentys and pass away.She had this sports car they put her in it sitting up and put it in the ground. They say you can't take it with you.

Chuck Anders

Rob,

I have a Rhino and love it. I have been thinking of looking at the Polaris RZR because of its smaller size, but it also does not have the rear bed cargo room of the Rhino. I have acreage and use the bed for hauling fire wood, dredges, detectors, beer, and anything else. It is a blast to drive and there are a lot of accessories including removable back seats. Now that they have been out for a couple years there are some good deals on used ones.

Take Care,

Matt

I have an Artic Cat 400, 4x4 and really like it, no problems so far.

It has all the power that is needed although its not super fast on the top end.

I don't care about speed, as long as it gets me from point A to point B, I'm happy.

It has a high clearance, maybe 12 to 13 inches w/independant susp.. also a 6.5 gal. gas tank, which is good for a long haul.

Downside is it's a tad on the heavy side, think it comes in at around 750 lbs.

Bob T.