unbelievabel

i tell ya i darn near quit my job today..you should see the gold coming out of quartzite az..blm land everone welcome..i personaly watched a guy with an old green minelab get about 1/2 ounce nuggets in less than 30 minutes..i grabed my 4000 and unbenounced my batterie was dead..forgot to cahrge it....anyways iam gonna hot foot it back down there...

i tell ya i darn near quit my job today..you should see the gold coming out of quartzite az..blm land everone welcome..i personaly watched a guy with an old green minelab get about 1/2 ounce nuggets in less than 30 minutes..i grabed my 4000 and unbenounced my batterie was dead..forgot to cahrge it....anyways iam gonna hot foot it back down there...

This may be an inappropriate question, I am a newbie :D But since you said BLM Land, Everyone Welcome, could you be more specific on Where in Quartzite? I've only been out with my detector once and I'm dying to get into an area known to be productive so I can practice. I appreciate any info you can properly give :)

Thanks in advance.

Nathan.

Enigmatic,

No one is just going to tell you where thier great spots in Quartzsite are. Join a club ,and you can get on some claims in the area. Quartzsite metal detecting club or the Roadrunners have claims in the area.

Oakwoodtrucker aparently likes to talk alot of BS,and talk about things he knows nothing about; like cordless headphones,coils, etc...

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I would just like to clarify that Quartzsite has a lot of BLM (public land). However, just cause there is public land don't mean the area is not claimed by someone. Most of the good areas around Quartzsite are claimed up.

I'm sure if you do enough research you will find open spots, but a good portion of the area is claimed by Federal Mineral Claims.

Take care,

Rob Allison

This is simply another of his troll's. Please disregard 99.99999 % of what this poster says.

This is simply another of his troll's. Please disregard 99.99999 % of what this poster says.

do you hunt shadow or just write most of your post in the negative...you never post gold I think your one of those guys that are just a wannbe......who is his trolls....no guts no glory.........

can't hook fish without the right kind of bait.

:P your right whats for sup...they do hook alott of those arizona folks there.................. :lol::lol:

I appologize to all for asking Stupid questions, ones that obviously offened Unc W whatever...

I AM a newbie and trying to learn the right way to do this. I do not want to get on someone elses claim. I want to know that the area I am sweeping is legit for me to do so. Is there anywhere I can go to make sure an area i'd like to check out is un-claimed? An internet resource? Library Resource?

Also, sorry to all for being sucked in by someone's troll attempt. I will learn quickly who to trust and who is a jerk. Who is full of themselves and who is honestly willing to help a newbie be sucessful in this hobby.

Thanks to Rob Allison for his patience so far. (I'm sure I'll wear it down lol)

Nathan the Newbie (a.k.a rusty barbed wire locator lol)

Thanks to all who are truly willing to help.

Nathan since you posted you live in Prescott I'd suggest you look in your own backyard 'cause there's gold in the Bradshaws. Hope ya find a golden rock.

Don

Thanks Don. I am currently trying to research local, legal, area's for me to swing my detector over while I decide which club/s to join. Any info available?

Nathan.

Nathan

The only studip question is the one you don't ask. How else are you going to learn if you don't ask and alot of prospectors on here is willing to help.

Like Grubstake said we were all where you are now and also needed help.With time and age you can help someone else one day showing them what you know.

Take Care!

Chuck

This is the way I look at it, Metaldetecting and gold hunting is a hobby. You have to start somewhere! Its like a big family, sometimes you get good advice and it sinks in, sometimes bad. Your family for the most part, tries to help one another. But like every family, you get into arguments and don't agree on everything. Such is life. But! a good family will put things behind them, and still be a family no matter what. Robs forum and the others are my family. Some advice I take to heart! Some goes in one ear and out the other. The piont is we are in an age where we have the internet. We did not have that when I learned from trial and error. Lets help each other. I don't mean take someone to your best patch and let them dig all the gold, but share information, piont people in the right way. Give our hobby a good name not a bad one. Be proud that you can detect nuggets, not everyone has the patience to do it. Grubstake

Also, sorry to all for being sucked in

we all get sucked in, sooner or later.

I don't like getting caught up in these things, but it's part of the legacy of mining and prospecting.

besides, it's a learning curve. not only what to watch out for, but also how to be more vigilant and focused in the future quests