JP Makes the Cover of the ICMJ Mining Journal

It will be good I know to read about JP and him nugget hunting.Rob they don't just put any pretty face on the cover of ICMJ.

Now Chris another good man to write about would be Rob.Like JP he is always willing to help and one of the best when it comes to nugget hunting.I know he can't show the big gold like JP but he's got a heart as big as one.

Chuck

• Admin

Hello Chuck,

I wish I had more free time to write articles. I'm the first to admit, I'm not the best writer, but have many stories I could share if anyone was interested in writting something for a magazine. I also have tons of pictures someone could use.

Over the years many have asked if I was going to write a book or make an instructional DVD. Maybe sometime if I get more free time .... :unsure:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Chuck - read my first sentance again.

I did not write an article about Jonathan. JP wote his own artcle about detecting. I have an article in this issue, but its about geologic deposit models.

Now there is no question that if Rob wanted to write an article about prospecting, hey I'd be hapy to work with him on that. However after reading his comment, I kind of suspect he's plenty busy with work and his business (not to mention time to get out and do a bit of detecting once in a while).

Rob wrote - "have many stories I could share if anyone was interested in writting something for a magazine" Rob if I were in Phoenix or otherwise closeby, I'd take you up on it - as it is, I am not sure how to overcome the distance factor.

Chris

Here is one way;

have Rob get a recorder, send him a list of questions in interview format and he can record his answers in the car while he is stuck in that fine freeway system in Phoenix...or, he could relate his experiences as they come to mind and then...Chris could compile and edit into a nice article about Rod's life and times...

Fred

Chris

My wording was a optical elusion in I knew that JP would write his own article because nobody knows JP better than himself.I need to slow up and read it better than I did and I stand corrected.

O'h have you been able to hang your pictures back up yet are do you not think it's not over yet?

Fred

What you said about the recorder for Rob would work if he would be willing to do so.

Chuck

Wowzers "I'm on the cover of the Rolling Stone" !!!! :) Can't wait to get my copy in the mail once it crosses the big pond and gets digested by our mail system here in OZ.

Rob the best way to write an article is to just sit in front of the computer and type away then spend a few weeks touching it up then hand in over to someone for more editing. Proof read, proof read, proof read is the only way. :)

JP

Hey All,

Congrats JP!! That is fantastic and I am so happy for you!!

Renochris, Ridgerunner, fredm, JP

I have poked and prodded Rob to put something together. I told him that I would help with what I could, such as proofreading or editing or whatever.

You deserve the recognition for your accomplishments Rob, which is; all of your hard work in the field, the research you have done over the years, and the dedication to the people that want to pursue this beautiful metal.

You always give and never take and I think it is time for you to take a little and not feel bad about it.

JP probably said it best. Write and proofread the hell out of it. Good articles or stories are not written in a matter of minutes.

Whenever you are ready.....!!

Dawnie

Congratulations again Jonathan - good work!

Rob - I also can help with the final proofreading and assembly of photos to go with the article, etc. Thats my job now with the Mining Journal - so if you do have any questions about topics, what we are interested in or what we are not really interested in, etc., please contact me and let me know.

Chris

Hey Rob;

I am just an amatuer gold hunter and occasional writer. I don't spell well and have little patience for the rules of writing...and didn't do well in english and grammer classes...nonetheless I have written a few articles that others have told me were interesting and worth reading.

So, what the hell is my point, you may be asking...I will tell you.

With todays computers and spell check almost anyone can get a piece together with little pain. Here is what I do to get a story together:

1. have some inspiration to share an adventure or experience

2. start telling the story...don't worry about spelling or grammer, just let the words flow

3. when the flow stops take a break and come back later...always save as you go

4. speak from the heart and give something of yourself

5. teach something, have some moral or uplifting point to help someone in some way

6 remember everyone has something of worth to share

7 have fun...writing is fun if you relax and enjoy the trip

8 let Dawnie proofread for errors and clarity

I hope you don't mind this offering...I know you have much to share...

BTW, Bill Southern has all of my articles on his site if you would care to see them.

Fred Mason