For all that pray

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ROn, our prayers for now, are that they do it, and he gets through it ok. looks like I got to find him a detector he can handle, he asked me if he could go detecting wiith me if gets alright. I said you bet you can just get well. Grubstake

Hello Gary and all....Yep for sure a Road Trip to to the Gold Country is in order when Alec gets Healed up so he can do that with you Gary...I will need to get out for sure...I just put a slip in for Vacation time off for tomorrow and Thursday to be there with Him and the Girls...I feel so Elated that they are finally going todo somthing for him....Gary I will keep you informed.....I pray that he'll make it out......jer

Ron, from what I unstand, its a special pacemaker, only a couple like it in the US right now, instead of a one way{ which regulates your heart beat, or a two way which regulates your heart beat and is also a defibulator, this one will do both of those things+ regulate the electrical impulses that are causeing his problem. Also since he is only 7 years old, the wires will have to be changed as he gets talker and grows. The battery or the whole pacemake will have to be changed out about every 5 years. This will be a life altering event, if he makes it. He is very high risk, if his heart stops on the table, they may not beable to get it re-started, lots of damage, and to his brain also, motor reflex's and such. You know what novalcain does when you goe to the dentist, well when they gave him that shot, and hit the arttery in his neck, it went staight to his heart and brain, except it was called procain. Very much the same stuff they use to numb your mouth.So keep on praying please, until he comes out on late thrusday and I get some good news. Gary

At 12 noon today, Alec goes in to the hospital, at 2 pm they start the 3-6 hour surgery for him, Please pray he makes it through the operation ok, he will be in intencive care for 3-4 days after. My grand son is in gods hands now. Thank you all Grubstake

Alec is in surgery now, we called and talked to him just before they took him back, Our pastor also prayed with Alec, The next 3-6 hour will be agonising, waiting to see how he does. I told him GOd would be back there with him, Alec truely beleaves in GOd, and prays all the time. I will post an up date as soon as he's out of surgery and they call to let us know about him. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Grubstake

The nurse jus came out and told Stella, the operation went well and Alec was doing good, they were closing him up and moving him to recovery, for two hours, But they said everything on the pacemaker was doing what it was ment to do. Thank you all sooo! much for all the support and prayers, Things are looking up for Alec, although this will change his life forever, at least he will have alife, without this surgery, he had no chance. You all are responce able for helping and praying for him, and for that I'm eternally greatful. Grubstake :rolleyes:

I want to thank Jerry and his wife Paulett, For doing everything, and I do mean everything in there power to help Stella and Alec, for they have surely gone the extra mile and out of the way to help Stella and Alec, giving them a place to stay, feeding them, just like they were there kids and grand kid. If not for Jerry's wife today, the operation may not have gone through. Paulett is very sick herself, and Dorthys and my prayers have been with them too. I'll never forget what you guys did. Your the best. Gary

Hers who you been praying for, ALEC

Hello Gary and all....Just to let you know that we just got back home from seeing Alec and Stella...Wow what a Differance....Alec had some color to his face that I haven't seen before....He had just gotten into his room and appeared tobe still alil sedated....Stella was Beaming with Happiness that all went smooth....We didn't stay to long as we know they were both tired out...as has been said the Surgery went ok with no Mishaps...Gary we want you to know that we have grown to love Stella and Alec and will continue to help them anyway we can....Alec will still need some good rest and a whole lot of "Sponge Bob" to add to his recovery...Maybe even if I let him Snip a strip of my Bacon will help?...lol....Paulette and I sure have enjoyed having them even tho the circumstances were not favorable all the time....I did post a note prior to this that a Trip up to your place was in order to allow you to take Alec out Prospecting....Plus we would love to meet you and Dorthy....Alec and I would throw Paulette and Stella in the Back of the truck (It's a Dodge Mega Cab) and make the trip...Your right on me getting out...I need it and after Alec recovers maybe we can do that? I feel so happy about Alec being ok with no complications and to EVERYONE who Prayed and Answered the Call for Help... We Thank You....The Forum did Help get the word out and I am Thankful to Rob for allowing it...Thank you all for your kind words for Paulette and Me...We all strive in life to make the world a better place...I know it now...Because my "Lil Buddy" is still here! With Heartfelt Thanks to all.....Jerry and Paulette

This is absolutely Awesome News.....Yee-Haw and Woo-Hoo! :)

All I can further say to everyone now is 'hang in there'.....and WTG.

So many thoughts here, I know that the "special angle" I mentioned is standing by with healing hands. Glad this turned out positively.....I've thought about it all day!

And another big "Yee-Haw" is in order! B)

Gary

This is great news Gary! I realize Alec is not out of the woods, but I think he is on the right path finally.

I talked to my sons, the dentists. I have a background in Physiology, but I was interested in precisely how this happened.

My sons explained to me that the "SA" node, Sinal Atrial Node, is the pace maker of the heart. It is a little node that is a bundle of nerves that sits on top of the heart, It is what receives the nerve impulses from the medulla oblongata of the brain that causes an electrical impulse in the SA Node, and that makes the heart contract at a given rate. Chemo receptor sites in the aortic arch of the heart, monitor blood oxygen levels of the blood and if it senses low oxygen, it sends an impulse to the medulla oblongata, that tells it to send an impulse to the SA node to increase the pulse rate of the heart to get more oxygen into the system.

What apparently happened with Alex is that when they injected procain into a blood vessel it went right to the heart, and basically froze the SA node and disabled it's ability to create an impulse to make the heart beat. Without the heart beating, the SA node does not get the blood it needs, the heart does not get the blood it needs, the brain does not get the blood it needs, and all of these vital organs become oxygen starved and start to die and cease to function. Apparently, this is what happened to Alec and the SA node was damaged to the extent that it is not working well enough to regulate his heart rate.

It's almost as if his SA node has a short in it. Sometimes the signal gets through, sometimes it doesn't. The purpose of a pacemaker is to artificially create the electronic pulse, the SA node can no longer generate, to make the heart beat at a constant and uniform rate.

As a matter of fact I think the wires from the pacemaker actually are implanted right into the SA node.

So anyway, for anyone that is interested in the mechanics of what happened to this little guy, that is how my sons explained it. I hope I explained this in a way that the layman can understand it.

My prayers are with you guys!

Doc

Thanks Guys, he's not out of the woods yet! But getting there. Gary

Thanks DOC, I know it was a tragic mistake, that almost cost Alec his life, and has forever changed his life, There were complications last night, his lungs and heart have air around them, they said that might happen, last night they thought they might have to put a chest tube in him to get the air out, The gave him a breathing tratment last night, it helped some, but this morn they were wait for Xrays to see if he still had air around his lungs, were waiting now, to see if infact e does have to have a chest tube, will know this afternoon when my wife gets back from the church. Monday morning, I go in for tst on my legs, they think my artteries are clogged and will run some test, in Fresno, right after, I see my heart DR. This past two months has been hell for me, I was up all night last night after Stella called and said they might have to put the chest tube in. Was going detecting today, but I'm going back to bed instead. Tomarrow I will get out by myself for awhile, to detect and chat with GOD. Grubstake