For all that pray

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heart DR. in Vegas refused to do anything for Alec, But other DRS. put a heart monitor on him, he goes back tomarrow and they take it off and read the results, Sunday Stella will take him back to Loma Linda, and Monday they will do more test there. Before this is over I hope she owns that hospital in Vegas, and some heads roll. Grubstake

Hi grubstake

Sorry to hear about your grandson and hope it works out ok,

But i am an aussie and i was wondering how stella went with her back pay from

aristocrat.If she has'nt recieved it can you please let me know as my member of parliment

senator Nick Xenophon has locked horns with this company before and i am sure he could get

stella her entitlements without to much trouble after hearing whats happened.Anyway i am disgusted

that an australian company has treated an employee this way,under australian law they have a duty of care

under federal and state legislation to abide bye,wether its in aussie or overseas.All the best mate

chappy.

Hi! Chappy, well they payed her $69.00 out of $2000.00 they owed her, they got real smart about it, told her she was going to be homeless. She has documents, in her posession, showing they were doing Illegal things at the office, and some picture, while she was working, She is getting an atterney to sue for wrongful termination. And is going to the Nevada gaming commission, and going to give them the documents. But thats down the road, Alec comes first. Grubstake

She was a superviser and her Job was as an Hardwhere Engineer.

Update...Hello all...Well Stella and Alec spent the Night at Sunrise Hospital here in Las Vegas...3 Blocks from the house....The next morning (Yesterday) the Head Cardioligist arrived and was telling Stella that he needed a Pace Maker installed...After some background Info was discussed ( The Dr's Screw up which caused him to have the problem in the first place and he is a HIGH RISK Case) he started to back peddle and tell Stella that Alecs Problem was NOT heart related and he was going to send him home...Well after that Stella filed a complaint at Risk Management against the Hospital....Seems there was another Dr there that told Stella that they had a meeting and they were going todo something...umm so...They sent him home yesterday wearing a Halter Monitor that will be removed today...Just a Bunch of Bull Dr's covering eachothers Arses when they screw up....Just another instance for Stella's lawyer to look into!!...The good news is that Loma Linda Called yesterday Confirming Alec's appointment on Monday to have the test ran and maybe do something about his condition...I think whe will be down there untill Wednesday?...Through a Lengthly process of calling the Gov of the state she now has Insurance...Medikad to have things done....I at this point cannot Thank my wife enough for her Persistance in Helping Stella the way she has...with all the Good Luck we're Due...Please let it be so......jet521 aka jerry

• Admin

Hey Grubstake,

Dawn and I both have been under the weather a bit, but we sent Stella some money today through Paypal ($150.00).

Great to hear everyone is coming together for Stella and Alec and she is getting the help, insurance and right advice they need.

Please continue to keep us updated,

Rob Allison

Rob, a special thanks to you and Dawnie, for starting the donations rolling and puting in yourselves. This has been an extremely stressful month, not being able to get to Stella and Alec. Words can't express the feelins for you and everyone else on the many forums, that have helped Stella and Alec out. I'm truely humbled by the fact that so many people are helping. Thank you all. I hope Loma Linda will finally do something to save Alec's life, even though it will be changed forever now, Life time medical follow ups and If he gets a pacemaker, it will be changing every 5 years and lead wires as he grows. Its truely a shame on the DRS. that did the surgery, that they could make such a mistake, and more of a shame on them, that they don't face up to what they did, to him and Stella is smart enough to have gotten copies of all medical record since he was born 7 years ago. And it proves nothing was wrong before they shot him with procain in the arttery and stoped his heart for so long. God, and my friends are looking after him. Thanks so much. Grubstake

Heres an up-date on Alec, Stella just got off the phone with Stella, They got to Loma Linda last night, got settled in at the Ronald McDonald house, Today they did a treadmill test on Alec, he could only walk for just 13 minutes on the flat at low speed, They did an echo cardiogram, and said :yes he indeed had a thrird degree AV block, they put a heart monitor on him, it will be taken off tomarrow, Wensday at 10 am the DRS. will meet with Alec and Stella to decide the course they are going to take, either a special pacemaker, that will have to be changed every 5 years along with the lead wires as he grows or maybe open heart surgery. Or they said if resule are too bad, put him on the transplant list. So thats all I will know until all the tests are in on Wensday. Either way it means more trips to Loma Linda, even if it is a pacemaker, it takes a few times to get it regulated right. I hope its only a pacemaker, and that it is done soon. Alec is in really bad shape and this has changed his life for as long as he lives, it will be constant medical monitoring. Stella wants to say You guys are wonderful, caring so much about her and Alec, and giving so freely, with you hearts and prayers and the donations. Dorthy and I are also greatful, to have so many of you that care. Grubstake

Up date on Alec and Stella: Well they went to Loma linda on Sunday and got home today after they ran a battery of test, Alec needs surgery, But they said, he would have to come back in two weeks, not all the test were in, the heart surgon, said he might do it, but had not decided, as Stella doen't have insurance, and it would take many visits to Loma Linda, Stella got on the phone and called Jack London {Sandtraps cousin in Vegas} and he set Alec up with a heart sugon there. Tentivaly, Alec is going to have a Diffibulator type pacemaker put in at 12 noon on Oct. 9th, if this heart surgon doen't back out. But it will still be alot of follow up care, as Alec grows, the wires will have to be replaced, and the pacemaker its self every 5 years. Stella asked that everyone pray, that the surgon doesn't back out and it takes place on the 9th of Oct.. She is still out of a job, so she asked that everyone also prays she can get one soon, that pays a dessent salary and has some medical benifits. She has lost all her stuff, it was in storage and she couldn't pay the fee's. Alec and her only have a few outfits to wear. So please pray that something breaks for her soon. And most of all the surgery for Alec. Thanks Grubstake

A little at a time Gary its coming together and Alecs gonna be ok

Now let us know sizes and I think we can all get some clothes together for the 2 of them, i'll get my girl to get some out fits together for Stella pants tops ? and i'll go get some things for Alec, just need some sizes.

Grubstake

Maybe it would be best if Stella give us a list of major stores that she knows that is state wide and then who wish could get a gift card for it.Then Stella could shop for herself and Alec knowing it will fit.I'm sure Stella knows where to shop and get more for her money and right now I'd say something new would make both her and Alec feel good.

For anyone that may do this be sure to send a copy of the receipt with the gift card.

Grubstake will you please bring the address forward so I for one don't have to go back and look for it.

God Bless All That Give Of Then Self!

Chuck Anders

Hello Chuck Vini and Gary...There are quite afew Places to shop here in Vegas...We have the Largest mall in Vegas near 1/4 mile away from the house and My Wife Paulette sure knows How to get it done...she is a Member of the Shop till ya Drop Club...They are going out today to get some "Stuff" so not to worry of her and Alec being without....Thank you all........jet521 aka jerry

Thats Good Jer, she talked to Dorthy last night, and was crying, she is just stressed, over everything, said she only had three out fits, and she tore her pants at Loma lina, and her blosse had holes in it. So Dorthy was going to see if some of the church ladys were her size and we know some have boys that have grown, so we were going to see if they had any thing that would fit Alec. If she would have told us her storage was not paid, when it was due, we would have come up with something to get it paid. But from what she said, its too late now. She told Dorthy she was more worried about Alec, I guess the DRS. said he only has a 1% chance either weay they go. I feel like coming out and confronting the DRS. and I still might if they don't do the surgery. Gary

Jerry, you and Paullett, have gone above and beyond with Stella, My words can't expess how greatful Dorthy and I to you two. I guess I'll just have to take you to a patch where some big gold is and see if you can get over some. Stella should be getting some money we sent out the first of the week, from my next door neighbor, that should help with the shoping. Thank you guys sooo! much. My heart is lifed up from all you have done for Stella and Alec. Gary

Hello Gary and all....I just got back from the Grocery store gettin some Grub....Paulette told me you called and I am sorry I missed you...Gary...Like I have said if I didn't have Paulette by my side in Helping the way we are with Stella and Alec it wouldn't be as good...My Heart goes out to Paulette helping Stella the way she has...It is bacause of her calling Senator Ensign that she now has Medicad Insurance...and when Hecko Squawks...Jecko Smiles...They are like two birds on a wire...Buddies...which makes me Happy...I once was Homeless and Hungry when I was 12 yrs old so I know what it's like..sleeping in the car for three weeks just aint fun in the dead of winter...It comes from within and it is easy to help when your able to...and I must admit it makes me feel real good doing it....We are on a road to help Alec and Stella and we are doing the best we can with what we have!...Thank you for your Kind words they meen alot to me and Paulette...another thang..If you opened your Patch up to me I would just sit there and admire the Beauty of it all and have a good long talk with you...I have to review the operating instructions of the Xterra 70 before I find any gold...It's nice to find but thats not all there is to it for me...Just being out with Friends is good enough...I am worried about Two things on this outting coming up and that will be Alec...and then Those who Eat Beans getting too close to the Camp fire :blush: ...I will be alil bit distant just for those reasons....So in all .....We are more than Happy to help and I hope you and Dorthy are Hanging in there as best you can...just know that we are doing all we can in our power to take care of Alec and Stella...Thank you Gary..........jer

No, thank you and Paullett1 Dorthy was to the Dr. today, and again tomarrow to her diabeates DR. I go to Fresno on the 13th, to have test done on the artteries in my legs, and heart. Sunday, while Dorthys in Church, I will be detecting. So much to do, and not enough time to do it all. we are constantly at the DRS. for something. But atleast were still here. Thanks again Jerry. Couldn't be done without you guys. Grubstake

Thanks so much Jerry and your wife also for being a Blessing in these peoples lives, my offer stands if you guys need a little or further assistance.

And best of luck to you Gary and your wife , maybe we can hook up for lunch sometime here in Fresno have a chat.

vini, the only time I ever go to Fresno, is for DR. Appiontments, I got one on the 13th at DR. Plenty's office, right next to St. Agness Hospital, 1313 e. Herdon ave. I have a test to see how bad the atteries are cloged up inmy legs, then right after, my heart DR. will see me. My sister lives in Clovis, my mother lives in Fresno and I have a half brother there and my daughter. I went to Fresno high, class of 66. Then right in the Army, basic at FT. Ord, Ca, then to Ft. Rucker Al. for turbine engine mechanic shool, then to keysler Air force bace in Miss, for air traffic control shool, then to Ft. Sam Houston Tx. for Medic school, volinteered for Nam in 67 and reinlisted in nam and extend my tor, came home Got stationed in Ga. and didn't like how they were treating Nam Vets, so I requested to be sent to Germany, I went to Kissersloughtern Germany and was at Lanstul germany for 3 years, with the 63rd air evac medical detachment. Came home got out of the Army in 73 and started driving longhaul truck until 89 and I got off the road and managed Bagby for 5 years for Bill Brousious, untill I got married again and then Dorthy and I went back on the road, driving until 95, when I had my first heart attack.Long story but thats it. Grubstake

vini, the only time I ever go to Fresno, is for DR. Appiontments, I got one on the 13th at DR. Plenty's office, right next to St. Agness Hospital, 1313 e. Herdon ave. I have a test to see how bad the atteries are cloged up inmy legs, then right after, my heart DR. will see me. My sister lives in Clovis, my mother lives in Fresno and I have a half brother there and my daughter. I went to Fresno high, class of 66. Then right in the Army, basic at FT. Ord, Ca, then to Ft. Rucker Al. for turbine engine mechanic shool, then to keysler Air force bace in Miss, for air traffic control shool, then to Ft. Sam Houston Tx. for Medic school, volinteered for Nam in 67 and reinlisted in nam and extend my tor, came home Got stationed in Ga. and didn't like how they were treating Nam Vets, so I requested to be sent to Germany, I went to Kissersloughtern Germany and was at Lanstul germany for 3 years, with the 63rd air evac medical detachment. Came home got out of the Army in 73 and started driving longhaul truck until 89 and I got off the road and managed Bagby for 5 years for Bill Brousious, untill I got married again and then Dorthy and I went back on the road, driving until 95, when I had my first heart attack.Long story but thats it. Grubstake

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble too, Gary...will add ya'll to prayer list as well...still praying hard for Alec and Stella...

I have a problem going on right now, here ... they are working on the cable lines so I am not online a lot because I cannot be...the cable goes off and on all day long...

My sons bought me a brand new computer with Vista...I am learning it slowly...it is different but once you get the hang of it, it's simpler than xp was to do many things....luckily I saved all the bookmarks on uahoo:) so I can find all my blog boards:)

Love to all, Deedy

Hello Chuck Vini and Gary....I just want you to know that I don't mean to Detour anyones offer for assistance for Stella and Alec with my above post....I am sure it would be Graciously appreaciated...Vini Thank you for the Kind words...They went shopping yesterday and got some stuff and am not sure how much more they need?...jer