S*L*O*W Forum loading?

• Admin

Hello All,

Thanks for letting me know about the slow forum. On my end it back and forth, sometimes slow and other times very fast. My Host states it has to do with the amount of traffic visiting the forum at peak times. I have disabled some features temp. to see if this helps.

Please let me know if the forum seems to load a bit faster now.

Thanks,

Rob Allison

Hey Joe and Grubstake,

Thanks for the update...I got one of these off the AZO forum, and it had me worried:

Fatal error: Unable to read 6766 bytes in /home/arizonao/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php on line 0

I should be able to sleep better tonite, knowing things aren't all busted at the AZO. Gary P.S. How do you make a bigger post in that itty bitty box??? That's a head scratcher, for sure...

• Admin

Hey Joe,

Any suggestions on why my forum might be running slower? Once the upgrade was performed it seemed a bit slower, but I would assume that is cause the forum has more too it. Invision Boards stated I have a huge database, which also means it takes longer to load. Today I disabled some features to help the performance, but I believe this also disabled the Private Message feature.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rob Allison

Hey Joe,

Any suggestions on why my forum might be running slower? Once the upgrade was performed it seemed a bit slower, but I would assume that is cause the forum has more too it. Invision Boards stated I have a huge database, which also means it takes longer to load. Today I disabled some features to help the performance, but I believe this also disabled the Private Message feature.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rob Allison

Rob I noticed it was running slow last night. I looked again today about noon , still slow so i ran all my clean up programs and it speeded up to click-it fast but may have been about the same time you made some changes? I also noticed tonight that after I sign in it slows down? not sure? AzNuggetBob

Flak,

Veeerrry Slow...and I have a new computer that runs at warp speed! You been out lately?

LuckyLundy

Lucky, nope.

Just got back from weekend in San Diego,

daughters first rhythmic gymnastics competition of the year.

I was supposed to go out tomorrow, but only 4 hrs sleep last night,

I'm sleepin in tomorrow...

I can see what you have been up to and it's very inspirational.

Flak

Rob I cant access my pm folder. I was going to pm this info to you. you may want to try these, they may help solve your problems or at least answer why. I ran them from my end and the ping was erratic and the traceroute had one failure. check your email. AzNuggetBob

Hey Rob,

I did some looking at saw that you still have some pics on the forum from back in 2005. You may want to back those up and prune them out of the forum area. I usually keep 14-18 months worth of pics on AZO and it really helps. You'll need to do a attachment rebuild after you delete them off so the forum knows to clear those indexes. I'm just now moving through the new layout of the Admin CP and I'll see where they've places all the tools at. Email me if you have any issues cleaning up some of the space.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

ROB, I know your moving and all, But the forum needs some help. take forever to load, post, or see a topic. I'm not the only one having problems, so is everyone else I know, but just on your forum, the rest load with a blink of the eye. Grubstake PS its even slower now, than when I was on dial up.