Is the forum getting any faster? Slow loading speed?

• Admin

Hey Guys,

The entire website and forums have been moved over to another hosting company (Thanks Rod). I have noticed a huge difference in speed now since I changed over. I'm still working with the forum company (Invision boards) to make sure everything is correct since I switched.

If you're still having problems let me know. However, it seems much better now.

Rob Allison

Hey guys, I hate to beat a dead horse but...go look into Google Chrome. If you don't trust me, do a search... I think you will find good comments about Chrome and if it turns out that you don't like it, just stop using it like any other program that you don't like. All it is, is a different browser or an alternative to MS Internet Explorer. There are a few other browsers available like Firefox and Opera but so far, Chrome is the best.

Recently, when I use my IE to access Rob's site, it's slow and some stuff like replying is messed up looking. Chrome is WAY faster and everything works properly. Using Internet Explorer, it's slow and messed up. It's not just Rob's site either. Several other forums don't work well anymore using IE as well as some online shopping like ebay etc. I stopped looking on ebay because it was soooo slow and got slower with each page. Chrome cured it all for me. I am finding that I am using Chrome more and more each day... Way faster and no bugs.

If you don't trust me, do a search for reviews on Google Chrome and decide for yourself...you won't regret it!

I agree with Kamikaze, I switch to Goggle Chrome about 2 month ago, it will blow IE8 out of the water, it took a little while to get used to Goggle Chrome and I do sorta miss IE8 (NOT):girl: only some of the features of IE8, but all and all I wouldn't go back to IE8 for a big gold nugget :blink: ....well maybe a big gold nugget, but not a little one :blink: ....well maybe a little one, but not for a 1 gram nugget anyway :lol:

I do still have IE8 on my computer and use it only a few times a month for windows updates, etc.

With Goggle Chrome you can upload all of your favorites/bookmarks from IE8, that was my biggest fear of not having them when I switched to Goggle Chrome.

If you are happy with IE8 now, just try Goggle Chrome for a backup browser when IE8 isn't loading sites fast enough for you, I don't think you will regret it, I'm an old dog and I learned a new trick and so can you.

OOOOH, by the way Rob, my avatar is gone as well, I'm going to try to reload it.

AAAAH, it's back, never mind Rob!!

Skip