Dug a 1.25 Ounce Nugget this Weekend

• Admin

Hello All,

Been working the last couple of weeks around the Prescott & Prescott Valley area. A friend and I have been doing some exploring around the area after work. We found some good ground for exploring, but some of the access it very tough to say the least.

Yesterday I got my Coiltek 14-inch Goldstalker elliptical over a 1.25 ounce, solid gold nugget. The piece wasn't really that deep, but sure screamed on the metal detector.

I'm really missing that Prescott weather, since it's over 100 down here in the valley now.

Will post a picture later today.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob

YIKES!!!!

A big congrats on that one, shows what you get when

you put in time, research and hard work! Hope there's

more out there for you.

Regards

Herb

Looks like a shovel full of trouble! Nice pic Dave! - Terry

Awesome find Rob. I was in Prescott last weekend and didn't do that well.All I found was a large Arizona black Rattlesnake,but we loved the cool weather.

Congrats,Dave.

• Admin

Hello All,

I have to agree with Adam, without a picture it's total BS! :D

Here is the slug of gold you asked to see. The total weight was 1.25 ounces or 25.8 Dwt's. I found this nugget with the Minelab GPX-4500 Metal Detector and Coiltek Goldstalker 14-inch Elliptical Mono Searchcoil. As for the story, can't tell too much since some partners and I are still exploring the area for more finds like this one.

Just goes to show they are still out there to be found.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Guys,

AZNuggetBob - Deepers Nugget huh ... :rolleyes::spank: Minelab is the King!

Bunk - I've been using the Cannon Powershot SD1000 Digital Elph for many years now. This is the camera I use for all my Youtube videos also. I'm very impressed with the results this little digital camera has given me over the years.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob, you sir, are one of my heros! Now how about leavin' a little for the rest of us! :lol: - Terry

Hello All,

Here is the slug of gold you asked to see. The total weight was 1.25 ounces or 25.8 Dwt's. I found this nugget with the Minelab GPX-4500 Metal Detector and Coiltek Goldstalker 14-inch Elliptical Mono Searchcoil. As for the story, can't tell too much since some partners and I are still exploring the area for more finds like this one.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Nice Nug Rob. Hope that you found a new patch. Doug

way to go Rob. braving the heat is worthy when finding ounce + nuggs keep the great nuggets coming and dont get the heat stroke again Justin

Archived