Gold Basin in Oct.

FrankC and I Thought it would to would be cool to have a get together at GB this fall, a way to put some names with the faces.

This would be 10/29 through 10/31. I am sure some of us will be there all week. This is not a organized event and all should plan for there own needs, camping, food, Etc. ALL are welcome and I am going to anounce this on all the forums with the most up to date info on my own forum.

http://www.bunk-n-teri.com

GB is a great place to prospect, I have seen several multi ounce nuggets from the area in the four years that I have been going up there. Several clubs hold claims in the area and camping is excelient. The weather that time of year is hard to beat with mild days and cool nights. As useual, it is up to you to know the status of the land that you are prospecting on.

Bunk

Rob, If you want to pin this, that would be cool!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Bunk...I would like to make it to Gold Basin at the time designated by you. Hope to see you all there for the day...Guido...

Guido, Looking foward to meeting you, see you there!

Bunk

Glen

Now I know what that fly is about. You should not get stinky until your dead for a few days. :rolleyes:

Do you know how many times I have swatted that fly?

Frank, you know I would give you the 50 cent tour of GB if you can make it.

Bunk

Bunk

I may make it up there with Glenn. That is if he is not too stinky. A 50 cent tour sounds great. I'm use to detecting the forest of Pa. Though dirt is dirt. When I moved I gave my truck to one of my officers. A low riding caddie does not go far on desert back roads. I'll need to address that.

SGTFDA, a low riding caddy at GB? No problem! just keep the speed up and you won't hardly feel those potholes with good shocks (and a new set for when you get home) :rolleyes:

Shep

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Bunk,

I probably will not be able to make it, although I would love to be there. I sent you over a PM, but I'm going to donate a brand new Minelab X-Terra 30 for the raffle. This detector is normally $398.95 and is an excellent beginner type coin/relic detector. If you're interested let me know and we can figure out how I can get it over to you.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Bunk,

I probably will not be able to make it, although I would love to be there. I sent you over a PM, but I'm going to donate a brand new Minelab X-Terra 30 for the raffle. This detector is normally $398.95 and is an excellent beginner type coin/relic detector. If you're interested let me know and we can figure out how I can get it over to you.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Thanks so much for for your donation of the Xterra30 for the coin for prize hunt! I will call you soon.

Bunk

count me in! whats the details never been there (land stats) cant wait to meet everyone..........Justin

Justin,

Several clubs hold claims in the area, GPAA, MPA,GSSN and there is some open ground. The GPAA claims are the biggest.

There will be people there that will show you around a little.

Bunk

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the prizes for the coin hunt, Metal Detector, Drywasher, 1year membership for MPA, Lots of silver coins and other assorted items! This outing and hunt are totaly FREE. Lets start the season with a bang at Gold Basin!

Bunk

Hey all, I cannot make an oct meeting. But I could consider a Feb meet.

I'm getting ready to plann around the 2011 world archery festival in 2011,feb,11,12,13 maybe some time near that time frame.

I am sure somthing will be going on that time of year. Let us know when you will be out this way.

Bunk

• 3 weeks later...

Kelly,

I would say if you are in GPAA or MPA, you should be covered. I will show you exact spots that I have found nuggets in the past. I will tell you more about this when I see you.

Bunk

Bunk, TH is in front of garage, ready again! Are we camping at same spot as last time? (That's on my GPS). Will be there maybe a couple of days early.

See you all there, Shep

Frank, yes, have a little 16' Toyhauler. Bones don't like sleeping on the ground anymore and shower is nice every couple of days.

Patrick, I'm planning on going a couple of days early and will leave probably on the Tuesday or Wednesday afterwards (work permitting.

Shep

Archived