Pictures of me

My cuz dug up up some pictures of me in my younger days, one has me and my two younger brother, now both dead. ,one with me and my truck, back when I was driving longhaul For C&H Transportation back in the 80's. . Grubstake

post-137-128267887761_thumb.jpg

post-137-128267888885_thumb.jpg

post-137-128267890184_thumb.jpg

post-137-128267891273_thumb.jpg

Bunk, they were the biggest trucking company in the USA at the time, they had 400 company drivers and 5000 lease drivers, Iworked for a lease owner, I was only a company driver for a year. I didn't like there milage pay, So I went lease, made 3 times as much because I got 25% of the gross to the truck. I ran with lots of guys. and the name doe not ring a bell. Grubstake

looks like you wouldnt wanna mess with that guy :angry2: life is an adventure you never know where you will be in 20 years.......too cool, hope you have a great day Justin

Now what you can't see in that picture of me and the truck, is up in my sleeper, theres two metaldetectors. One was a garrett the other, was a Tesoro Eldorado. Grubstake

I was a Flat bedder, Hauled big wide andf high loads, was on the alaska fleet for two years, hauling pipe and drill rigs, also hauled Clasa A explosives and parts of the space shuttle a couple of times, from Mortin Throkel in Utah. And I hauled much of the heavy equipment, in the open pit mine at Sonora, before they even got started.

My cuz dug up up some pictures of me in my younger days, one has me and my two younger brother, now both dead. ,one with me and my truck, back when I was driving longhaul For C&H Transportation back in the 80's. . Grubstake

Nice pictures grubstake. You haven't changed a bit.

Grubstake

The bull we get better with age as you know is just that more bull.Like you I have hair all over my face and a uncle ask one time if it was to cover all that ugly up.

Remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if your wife likes it then your doing okay.

Chuck Anders

Grubstake,

Are you sure that picture of the guy leaning on the truck is not Elvas?

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope you can get out and get a couple

of big gold nuggets. This recent heat ways is no fun. Take care.

Matt

Yeh, well Matt it was 105 at my house today at 5 pm, tomarrow we will prob. hit 107. I live in a dubble wide trailer, its like being in the oven. I guess I'll roll over tomarrow and make sure the otherside gets baked too!girl.gifgirl.gif Grubstake

Pictures must have been by the same photography company in California. Background looks just like class pictures I had taken at Herbert Hoover in Stockton CA.

h20

Hey Grubstake is that a CMB on your cap???

i was a medic in 10th SFGA up in devens

Yep it sure is, I was with 568th medical clearing company, Dustoff. part of the 44th medical brigade. I was in nam for two tours, back to back. But chaged my MOS when I re-uped over there, to Suppy SGT. Grubstake

I was in Ban Me Thout, Phan Thiet, Cam Ran Bay, Na Trang, and Bien Hoa. Lz Betty. I was all over that damned place

Yep it sure is, I was with 568th medical clearing company, Dustoff. part of the 44th medical brigade. I was in nam for two tours, back to back. But chaged my MOS when I re-uped over there, to Suppy SGT. Grubstake

I was in Ban Me Thout, Phan Thiet, Cam Ran Bay, Na Trang, and Bien Hoa. Lz Betty. I was all over that damned place

Now your taking me back to the good ol days. Spent my tour at Nha Trang with the 14 Air Commando Wing with the Air Force. I believe Camp McDermot was the army base, along with the 8th Field Hospital, and 201st Aviation. Nha Trang was charlies R&R center so other than a rocket attack in 68 on the hospital, it was fairly easy duty.

h20

Hey Grubstake,

I flew chopper out of Ban Me Thout for the 155 AHC from November 66 to May 67. Then they moved me down to Dau Tieng and the 188th AHC near Nui Ba Din, the " Black Virgin Mountain" I was in the mess at the Horse Shoe with the 4/9 Infantry ( The Manchu's)on August 30,1967. I lost my door gunner and the crewchief was wounded.

Welcome Home and I hope they gave you a 100%; It sure helps with expenses.

Mark

Stage Coach 11

Blackwidow 14

Missoula, Montana

Archived