Thinking of getting another detector

I live in the Sacramento, ca area and go up to the American, Yuba and sometimes Feather river. I guess the ground is pretty hot up here so it got pretty frustrating digging everything. I had a White's gm3 last year but ended up selling it. I can't afford a PI detector so I have to settle for the vlf's. I was thinking of trying out a gold bug 2. Any thought's on that detector and if it's any better dealing with hot ground over the gm3?

In a word. NO. Easier to use, and will find smaller gold, but, for hotter ground look into the Minelab Eureka Gold. VLF, 3 frequencies, auto ground tracking, real good discrimination, and variable tone.

Goldbug Ron

Thanks Ron. What benefit is the variable tone?

• Admin

Hello WJBell,

Goldbug Ron gave you some great advice. I sell a lot of the Minelab Eureka Gold's throughout the year. The major selling point beyond the Minelab name, is the fact the Eureka Gold has three frequencies (6.4, 20 & 60Khz). This allows the Eureka Gold to be much more versatile in various ground conditions over other single freq. VLF detectors.

The Eureka Gold can also use the Coiltek 15-inch WOT Round DD for much more depth and the coil is completely waterproof. Almost every customer has eventually purchased one of these coils for more coverage, extra depth and the waterproof abilities.

Continue to follow this post, I'm sure others will chime in. If you have any questions, you're always welcome to give us a call on the phone or shoot us over an email.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi WJBell

I had the early model call 17000 and the Eureka Gold is the newest.It found lots of gold for a friend that keep it most of the time.

I say to buy the best detector you can afford and of the Eureka is it then go for it.

Rob is the dealer to go with if your going to get any Minelab.I don't think you will find anyone who has a bad word about him.I know he helps lots of people who didn't buy from him but that's just the type of guy he is.

Chuck Anders

What ever detector you buy...you will need to practice until you have mastered the machine...

You had a fine vlf machine for hunting gold; the gb2 is also an excellent machine, as are the others mentioned...

For a multi-use machine consider the Xterra with a mono and dd coil...the dd for nugget hunting...

Multi tones may help you decide if you want to dig a target...until you understand the machine you will still need to dig it all....

to paraphrase a willy nelson song...gold is hard to find...gold of any kind...that is why you have to chose......

good hunting

fred

Well, I don't keep up with the cost of the other detectors, but I am completely sold on the GPX-4500. There are not many detectors that can cover the cost in the first month. After Rob fixed me up with Coiltek monoloop coil I have topped 5.25 ozt in the Virgnia gold vein.

Thanks guys I'm going to do my homework on all the detectors you guys mentioned. I'm on a limited budget these days so I gotta go with what I can afford and the eureka gold looks pretty good. I'll check the others posted later in the thread though. I watched this video on the eureka. (second half out in the field) I know it's a promo video by Minelab, and they had to find some gold in it, but I love this video... I'm ichen to get out detecting again! I think I've got the bug! :D

Eureka demo

Archived