Doc's mod.

Is it a 3 or 4 foot diameter oval or round travelling tent, ultra feather-lightweight full body-mount non-metallic frame that sits on persons head(opague on top and transparent-reflective on the sides) like an umbrella-poncho suit over the entire body that drags on the ground covering right over the detectors coil(so you swing inside of it) and also dig targets inside of it by dropping to your knees as it comes off your head and it stands up by itself. That has screening and a special material shielding from the sun, rain, EMI, and heat. With a solar powered-cell on top that runs a temperature controlled(at 70'F--20'C) fan-air conditioner underneath it worn on the belt, drawing in air from the outside while expelling hot air out the top, so a person can metal detect for gold in 110'F--43'C heat while inside climate controlled comfort, and as a by-product also shieled from EMI?

Beer Beeper

Wow, I think you may be on to something big,

I would jump at getting one mocked up...oh and please post a pic.

DOC, you better tell us about this mod quick - for obvious reasons.

DOC would a Nugget Finder XP qualify as an anti-interference coil?

I have a 14" round that I have kept just because...

All the best and thanks for the laugh Beer Beeper,

Flak

Yes. It's a Coiltek anti-interference coil. In the shop I always keep one on the demo machines because it is very hard to demo a machine that is going crazy because of all the electrical interference. That Anti-Interference coil has been out for like 10 years and is being used very successfully.

It is much better than the cancel mode. Cancel will block noise, but you lose all of your depth.

The AI coil gets a bit less depth that a DD coil, but when you are able to work directly under power lines, you open up brand new virgin area.

Doc

Wow if they work at your shop they must be good!!

I'm in the market for one.

I'll give you a ring soon.

How's the pick pile holding up?

Not that I want to make anymore.But I will for you.

Later,Matt

• Admin

Hello All,

I have to thank Doc for allowing me to have one of these units way before anyone else ever seen them. I've been using this unit for over 3 months now and I love it. I personally don't care to have a backpack or harness, large battery and power cord.

When I was testing this unit on my GPX4500, I notice the unit ran much smoother than with the stock battery and seemed to help on EMI. Don't ask me why or what was going on, it just seemed like that. The other couple of guys that also had them confirmed the same thing.

Regardless, this system will be another very hot seller.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

I don't think Nugget Finder has come out with a Anti-Interference coil as of yet. So I don't think an XP is a anti-interference coil. The difference is in the way the coil is wound.

Doc

Beer Beeper

Wowuck, I think you may be on to something big,

I would jump at getting one mocked up...oh and please post a pic.

DOC, you better tell us about this mod quick - for obvious reasons.

DOC would a Nugget Finder XP qualify as an anti-interference coil?

I have a 14" round that I have kept just because...

All the best and thanks for the laugh Beer Beeper,

Flak

I don't think Nugget Finder has come out with a Anti-Interference coil as of yet. So I don't think an XP is a anti-interference coil. The difference is in the way the coil is wound.

Doc

The Nugget Finder XP coils are DD wound coils with a switch that can change the phase of the receive, so in Mono mode where the electronics convert a DD coil to pseudo mono mode the out of phase XP mode acts like Cancel mode but with responses on small targets sounding high/low compared to Cancel with a normal DD going low/high. I have an XP coil here that works very well in Mono mode, XP mode and Special Fine Gold.

Figure 8 wound coils also provide limited depth, so both options for EMI reduction will reduce outright depth compared to a similar sized monoloop coil. The advantage of running any of these coils is two fold, firstly getting rid of EMI and secondly removing the conductive component (salt), by also using Fine Gold or Enhance you can also remove the bulk of ground noise and hot rocks. I have been very successful with this method in shallow noisy ground around power lines using both the supplied 11" DD and also using an XP coil. I have not had the opportunity to try out a fig 8 coil yet but they should be alright in Fine Gold timings so long as the tracking is set to fixed.

JP

Tiny Nugget found yesterday using GPX 5000 and an XP coil in Mono mode, XP mode on the coil and Fine gold timings in water

logged highly mineralised ground near High Voltage Power lines.

tinynugget-1.jpg

You're right. Apparently the design and concept have been around forever, it's just no one but Coiltek decided to manufacture the coils in this configuration. They were originally called salt coils because the guys prospecting the old dry salt lake beds in Australia were having one heck of a time trying to work the ground.

Doc

I believe the CT A1 (anti interference)coils are a Tx and a fig 8 anti phase Rx inside the Tx?

A1 coils also work well over some salt lakes or some conductive ground (eg salt affected ground).Some depth loss occurs with larger and deeper targets as the both rx's windings (which receive anti phase) tend to simultaneously sense the target receive field and hence null the receive signal.They can be more noisy over some mineralized ground compared to a DD. They are also appear to be a little heavier than a DD of the same size.

doug

The Nugget Finder XP coils are DD wound coils with a switch that can change the phase of the receive, so in Mono mode where the electronics convert a DD coil to pseudo mono mode the out of phase XP mode acts like Cancel mode but with responses on small targets sounding high/low compared to Cancel with a normal DD going low/high. I have an XP coil here that works very well in Mono mode, XP mode and Special Fine Gold.

Figure 8 wound coils also provide limited depth, so both options for EMI reduction will reduce outright depth compared to a similar sized monoloop coil. The advantage of running any of these coils is two fold, firstly getting rid of EMI and secondly removing the conductive component (salt), by also using Fine Gold or Enhance you can also remove the bulk of ground noise and hot rocks. I have been very successful with this method in shallow noisy ground around power lines using both the supplied 11" DD and also using an XP coil. I have not had the opportunity to try out a fig 8 coil yet but they should be alright in Fine Gold timings so long as the tracking is set to fixed.

JP

Hi Jonathan

Have you tried the Coin/Relic timing with a mono coil yet?

I just wondered what you think is happening when you do this.

Everything seems to quieten down (EM and ground noise) and the machine ground balances instantly... is this something useable on the worse grounds for large nuggets? or is the depth reduction too excessive?

Hi Jonathan

Have you tried the Coin/Relic timing with a mono coil yet?

I just wondered what you think is happening when you do this.

Everything seems to quieten down (EM and ground noise) and the machine ground balances instantly... is this something useable on the worse grounds for large nuggets? or is the depth reduction too excessive?

Gogmeister, are you serious? :unsure::blush: There is no-where in Australian goldfields I can get the coil, especially a Mono coil, anywhere near the ground using Coin/relic. :blush: If the ground was as quiet as air then Coin/relic would provide the greatest depth, in fact anyone doing an air test with a 4800 or 5000 is in for a shock.

If you're used to using the "Smooth Class" of timings then revert to Normal type timings (Of which I assume Coin Relic is one) then you will notice the threshold evens out a fair bit.

JP

Gogmeister, are you serious? :unsure::blush: There is no-where in Australian goldfields I can get the coil, especially a Mono coil, anywhere near the ground using Coin/relic. :blush: If the ground was as quiet as air then Coin/relic would provide the greatest depth, in fact anyone doing an air test with a 4800 or 5000 is in for a shock.

If you're used to using the "Smooth Class" of timings then revert to Normal type timings (Of which I assume Coin Relic is one) then you will notice the threshold evens out a fair bit.

JP

I just tried again using a NF coil and it has made me a liar :lol:

Archived