Today's Virginia biscuit, nearly 7 ozt....

dizzam Local :blink: :blink: , thats Nice :D :D .makes me not even want to post the six i got this week :wacko: great job and i hope you find all ;) its brothers and sister

dizzam Local :blink: :blink: , thats Nice :D :D .makes me not even want to post the six i got this week :wacko: great job and i hope you find all ;) its brothers and sisters

The GPX 5000 and 24 X 14 Coiltek I bought from Border Boy really paid off today. Total for the last three trips, over 12 ozt!

How deep was it? You find that monster on bedrock in a creek or on a hillside. Tell us the story!?

...........Can't stop looking at it............

Woweeeee.... i'm coming back home.......jimeeneez...

Great job and thanks for posting.....

paul

That is an amazing nugget. I too would be interested in the depth, being you were using a 14 X 24 Coiltek Gold Stalker. Just wondering whether the large size of the coil helped you get some extra depth, or whether it was shallow enough that you could have found it with any size coil.

Thanks and congratulations!

Doc

Sorry for not responding sooner, my computer crashed and you know the story. A little more info on this find. A couple trips previously I found a streak in an area detected a year ago and missed. The streak gave up 11 nuggets and the total weight was well over 1 ozt. Since the site was fairly free of trash I was using the GPX 5000 with the 14 X 9 Coiltek. The next trip I hunted for a couple hours at this site and found nothing so I took a stroll and after 200 yards or so I found my largest nugget at that time, 1.40 ozt. Still using the 14 X 9, I hunted the general area but did not find another piece. Last Sunday I toted the big Coiltek coil to the area, and within five minutes and less than 10 yards away I received a fairly good signal. This area has fairly decent soil allowing me to use the mono coils with general and normal settings without ground interference, yet there are places where the detector will signal on the minerialized ground. I have dug a number of dry holes at this site and switching over to tracking to check, or enchance, or fine gold is not always reliable, having dug several nuggets that those setting would not detect. Anyway I did switch over to test this signal and received positive response on all and the signal volume increased as I dug deeper. Not knowing where the target would be, and getting tired digging in the quartz gravel, I replaced the big coil with the 14 X 9 and after locating the signal I kept digging. Needless to say I was surprised at the depth, around 28", by far the deepest nugget I have dug and the largest I will probably ever dig. After a few minutes, I replaced the 14 X 9 with the big coil and few yards away found another nugget weighing over 1/2 ozt, approximately 14" deep. I hunted the area for hours, gridding the entire hilltop but only found two additional nuggets, both around .10 ozt. The last trip there I found nothing, not to say I found it all but this hilltop is large and hasn't given up a lot of finds but the ones found were nice.

Archived