Skunk #6 out of the way

Yup....got the skunk today!

Took pops out and had a good time. Nice weather, nice washes, saw a doe...but, no yellow. We were in some tough country. Im feeling it tonight.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Think I will take up bird watching ;)

Taker easy all....am I the only one getting skunks? :)

Tom H.

Youre not the only one , did three days last week for only one quarter ozer :spank: but found a big dropoff while diggin out the wash, last time i got into one of these ancient channel waterfalls the hole at the bottom yielded 127 nuggets in two days. heres to the next hunt B)

Youre not the only one , did three days last week for only one quarter ozer :spank: but found a big dropoff while diggin out the wash, last time i got into one of these ancient channel waterfalls the hole at the bottom yielded 127 nuggets in two days. heres to the next hunt cool.gif

Dood, I hope you hit the mudder load at the bottom! smile.gif

I found a bedrock waterfall when I was dredging in the 80s. It gave up a 3 oz nugget about 3/4 the way down..then a couple of little ones...man, I thought when I hit bottom I was going to retire....guess what...im still working! smile.gif There was nothing at the bottom.

Tom

You can always find a bird when birdwatching Tom, well almost always ;) I had a skunk on Saturday, and lost my wallet somewhere out in the desert. Went back twice to find it and located the wallet today on the side of a remote gully. so, it could be worse :D

ill take a 3 ozer ;) the bedrock isnt in the present stream channel all that stuff there is supper smooth, this stuff is rough and severely creviced even on the waterfall face. the first crevice and only one i got into was packed with super pure magnatite and a nice 1/4 oz nug :D .....nice mother nugget

Adam , great luck to find that wallet mabe it was a sign to go back to that gulch :D good luck

You can always find a bird when birdwatching Tom, well almost always ;) I had a skunk on Saturday, and lost my wallet somewhere out in the desert. Went back twice to find it and located the wallet today on the side of a remote gully. so, it could be worse :D

Whew!

Glad you got it back.

I lost my glasses somewhere around Bumblebee...

Never could find them...oh well, they were 4yrs old and it forced me to get a

new perscription.

Man, loosing your wallet would be a real pisser.

Fatigue pants with button pockets work great. :)

Tom H.

Oldies - I'm working on 6 months of getting skunked. I keep telling myself with so much junk in the goldfeilds there has to be some yellow left but kicking around the Santa Ritas with the 5000 is just turning up alot of junk and lead. Maybe it's time to dust off the fishing poles...... :D

• Admin

Hey Tom and All,

Skunks are much more common then hitting nuggets everyday. Some of the more experienced guys that have hundreds of old patches will have better success at finding a nugget or two each day, but when you're out prospecting it's "Hit and Miss." Kind of like the hit you made with the Pizza nugget and then some others, then many days without anything. That is the norm in most areas.

Years ago a friend that just got into nuggethunting was having a really great start. First couple of days some pieces over 1/4 ounce, then a nice 1 ouncer and some other nice pieces. Within about a month, he had some of the best luck I have heard of, then it all came to a stop. The last time I talked with him, he was about ready to give nuggethunting up. He just assumed he was going to pick up 1/4 or better each day. I told him it would come to an end quickly, then he would be out prospecting for the next good hit. Some reason he didn't seem to believe me ...

I've made some great hits over the years, some days well over a pound in solid nuggets, but many days out searching all day just finding iron rubbish, bullets and all the other strange metallic garbage you will discover out there. That being said, all the days you don't find something, you just elliminated a spot. It's a process of ellimination!

Wishing you all much success.

Rob Allison

Say Tom. I have a whole herd of the smelly devil's corralled up in my back yard from many different trips.

I've been trying to find a market for them with no luck.

Any idea's anyone?

Patrick.....

Ummm...spray paint them gold and sell them as a lucky skunk?

:P

Tom H.

I'm not a failed miner, I'm a successful trash collector.

Beeyooteeful day in Greaterville - I'm guessin 70's. Had the place to ourselves save for 2 mountain bikers, at least down in the holler.

Bees and 2ft+ garden snake out (so maybe others?)

Don't have photo yet but one item I found was a silvery chunk: Much lighter than lead but too tough to fold (so not foil).

I'll see if it's magnetic & take a photo.

Chata got some good exercise too :)

Beat the skunk today at a little gully I didn't even know existed until I scrambled through some thick catsclaw and palo verdes ... Looks really small, but surprisingly it weighs 0.4 grams! Wahoo . ML GPX 4500 with Coiltek Joey Mono. Sweet combo. Cheers, Unc

post-30-0-64120300-1325224032_thumb.jpg

Archived