What is a Coyote Hole, or Placer Drift?

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is another short video showing some "coyote holes" or placer drifts in the Weaver Mining District of Arizona. These can be dangerous to explore, so it's highly recommended to stay out of them. Most of them in this district are probably on someone's mineral claim or private property. Just makes you wonder what they were taking out of these to go through all the trouble to dig them .... :unsure:

Sorry about the dead battery at the end, I will make sure I get another video with a better explaination.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Here is another short video showing some "coyote holes" or placer drifts in the Weaver Mining District of Arizona. These can be dangerous to explore, so it's highly recommended to stay out of them. Most of them in this district are probably on someone's mineral claim or private property. Just makes you wonder what they were taking out of these to go through all the trouble to dig them .... :unsure:

Sorry about the dead battery at the end, I will make sure I get another video with a better explaination.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Good info, Rob....

paul

Im always facinated at the amount of work done in youre area , bet those holes kept the miners cool during the summer too. Very cool Rob :)

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes no one posts a comment on the videos, so not sure if anyone is looking at them or interested in me posting more stuff as time goes on.

Border Boy - Did you make it up this way? Yes, the old-timers lived in them and it was much cooler in the summer months. I have found a lot of garbage, some old relics and a few nuggets in them. It's not a place I would focus on chasing nuggets down though, just too dangerous and most are very unstable being exposed to oxygen for over 100 years.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Love your videos Rob, always look forward to them. I dug a small one down in G-ville once and got a little gold but I got scared it was going to come down on me and gave it up. I caved it in so no one would try it and get killed. Those old timers were hard ass miners. Can you imagine crawling around in there all day on your belly with only candles to light the way. Its a damn wonder they left us anything to chase today. Keep those videos coming, they are great. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Rob,

Hope your healing well.Keep those movies coming I'll never pass one up.My wife and I are coming down to

Rich hill the 21st of feb.thru the 24th.I'd like to run a 5000 for a day.Let me know.Take care and heal fast.

Mike

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes no one posts a comment on the videos, so not sure if anyone is looking at them or interested in me posting more stuff as time goes on.

Border Boy - Did you make it up this way? Yes, the old-timers lived in them and it was much cooler in the summer months. I have found a lot of garbage, some old relics and a few nuggets in them. It's not a place I would focus on chasing nuggets down though, just too dangerous and most are very unstable being exposed to oxygen for over 100 years.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Heck ya were interested in them!

Keep posting them.

Way back in the 80s I was friends with a old guy that lived in a mine shaft up by the Peck mine below Crown King.

He said it was nice and cool.

Too bad he was drinking the ground water from below the mill....it finally got him. :(

Tom H.

Archived