• Admin

Hello All,

Well I finally got to swing the GPX 5000 again over the weekend. Saturday it was pretty warm, almost too warm around 3pm to even swing. Sunday morning was beautiful, a nice cool breeze and almost some light rain. Took me about 2-3 hours to back into the groove of swinging the detector, just seemed out of tune with the detector and everything I was carrying. I was also pretty tired Saturday, so I think I was pushing myself to hunt, when I should have taken a long nap! :P

Over the weekend I managed to snag these gold nuggets displayed on the NF searchcoil. Found a handful of garbage to go with the nuggets also.

I was using the Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

It's still out there .....

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Allen,

Ya, I think Saturday was 100+ degrees. The Nugget Finder coil I'm using is the new 14-inch RMZ. This coil is still lightweight, but has a solid shell around it. Kind of like the lightweight spider web coils with a solid coil cover on top and bottom.

I actually like it as I don't have any snagging when I'm detecting in areas with a lot of rock and brush.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Congrats on the finds. Makes the heat a little more tolerable when you come home with a fat poke. I sent you an email a little bit ago about coils (before i read this) and now I know you will understand where I am coming from. ;)

Hello All,

Well I finally got to swing the GPX 5000 again over the weekend. Saturday it was pretty warm, almost too warm around 3pm to even swing. Sunday morning was beautiful, a nice cool breeze and almost some light rain. Took me about 2-3 hours to back into the groove of swinging the detector, just seemed out of tune with the detector and everything I was carrying. I was also pretty tired Saturday, so I think I was pushing myself to hunt, when I should have taken a long nap! :P

Over the weekend I managed to snag these gold nuggets displayed on the NF searchcoil. Found a handful of garbage to go with the nuggets also.

I was using the Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

It's still out there .....

Rob Allison

Rob:

Good to see you out swinging again. :)

Yup..........its toasty out there....Taker easy and drink a lot!

Glad you got some really nice yellow stuff. Thats some really nice gold for a days hunt for sure!!!!.

That kind of makes the sweating worth it.

If you were out of the groove....Ide hate to see it when your IN the groove. :)

GL to you out there.

Tom H.

Well done Rob, some nice solid chunks there mate. :) and well worth the effort put in.

I'm off this weekend to give my NF 30X7 Patch Pro a good workout on some good ground, will hopefully

be able to report back with some gold and a few photo's or a video to boot..

Good Scratchin to all

Pete B)

Archived