Prospecting around Willow springs lake AZ

Hi all:

Going to be going on a campout with dad to Willow springs lake this week.

Has anyone swung a detector around there? Im going to go below the dam and try.

Not much into fishing so I figure Ill poke around with the detector.

Cant go down any back roads...all were going to have is the RV for wheels.

TKS

Tom H.

Don't like fishing??? Willow Springs hold the state Rainbow record, best get your line wet.

To me fishing is about as exciting as detecting for gold with the detecter turned OFF. :P

Tom H.

Frank, I'll be eating trout tonight cooked over an open fire, I hope the rocks he gets taste good. Let you know how it went when we get back.

Old Tom

POPS I blew my soda all over when I got to the part about I hope them ROCKS taste good he brings home AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I just finished broiling 2 lbs of salmon to make a salmon walnut habenero dip with creamcheese and seasonings UUUUHHHHMMMM.

Frank, sorry about your soda getting all over, I hope none got on your habenero dip. That really sounds like some good stuff.

Tom fooled around with the detector and I fished. It was a great couple of days to get out of the valley into the cool pines. It rained off and on and was really welcomed as it is a treat for us. The troll motor broke down and I had to row in order to troll my lures behind the boat. I kept four 12 inchers and released some smaller ones back. An Osprey dove in right in back of us and picked up one of trout that I released. I suppose he has a family to feed also. We ate a couple that night also and man they were good fresh like that. Oh, I did share with Tom as he helped to row me around for a while. He fixed the motor that night and I could troll hands free the next day. Got some more fish and brought them home.

Old Tom