specimen & trash

Just thought I'd share this neat little specimen I found a couple weeks back. It was only about 1" deep, and there were a couple old dig holes from previous detectorists just a few feet away. I would almost guarantee they put a coil over it and walked on, becuase it was in a pretty trashy area with lots of bullet casings giving off good signals. Always a nice surprise after digging junk all day :) .

post-28105-0-16587700-1372970562_thumb.j

Congrats on the nice specie!
Its a real good looking one.

I had that happen last weekend....a bullet right next to a nugget.

And.....tons of trash.

GL to you

Tom H.

• Admin

Hello IDdesertman,

Great looking specimen. Just guessing, but guys using discrimination in trashy areas could easily miss a piece like that. Discrimination can be a saint in some areas, but then again if the nature of the gold is specimen type, gold in matrix, you could walk away from some beauties like that one.

Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a Happy 4th of July and much more gold to come.

Rob Allison

GL to you up there.

Hope you get a biggen :)
Tom H.

Sweet!! great job out there. Do you hunt mostly in Idaho? I have been looking into some streams up that way for some time around the basin, hoping to score a deal on dredging some patented property..is dredging still legal up that way? Nice nugget!!

Justin.

Hey borderboy, this one isn't from Idaho, but there's definitely plenty there. One think about detecting there is to research areas that have detectable sized gold, alot of districts produced a ton of gold but not many nuggets, just fine stuff. Of course theres plenty of nice nuggets too if you hit the right areas:)

Matt