New coming from Minelab

This is in January 2014 issue of Lost Treasure from Minelab on page 65 at the bottom of it.

It reads as follow The First ,Real compact Mid-Range Gold Detector is Coming.

Waterproof

Compact

Rugged

No Assembly

Easy to use ( switch on & go )

Finds Small Gold

Proven MPS Technology

Rob do you know ?

Chuck

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

Are you talking about some Military metal detector that they have out? I'm guessing they will have some type of mid-range PI coming out at some point, but don't know any dates. I would like to see the ad in the Lost Treasure showing this? Does it say it's for gold prospecting, or some type of mid-range military unit for detecting mines?

Scan and post that ad if you can.

Thanks,

Rob Allison

Rob

The ad in LT says it will find small gold and another thing it will fold up to 16 inches. You may be right about the Military detector but they show it folded up also. They don't show a clear picture. The ad in LT is half a page and it says will fold to 16 inches. That's 4 inches less than the ATX.

I don't know Rob I just report what I read. It also says perfect for exploring new gold patches.

Chuck

I always wondered if Minelab was going to make a mid-priced detector? They obviously make really good equipment, and with the price of gold dropping the way it has, this might be the perfect machine to reach those folks who want to take up the hobby but cannot afford to drop $6,000 on a detector.

Kyle

The F3 is no hoax! And the F3 compact is a more compact size upgraded folding version of the older F3 "METALIC" mine detector. trust me on this. if its designed for metalic mines verses low metal mines, its not going to be good for gold nugget hunting. unless your hunting (land mine size) large shallow nuggets. :lol: AzNuggetbob

• Admin

Hello Chuck,

I also have to ask how do you have a copy of the Jan. 2014 issue as Lost Treasure just contacted me about a week ago on running a ad for that issue? Are you sure it was the Jan. 2014 and not like Nov. - Dec. 2013 issue? Just asking why a magazine would release January's issue almost 2 months prior to that date .... maybe that is how they do it.

Rob Allison

Rob

I didn't say it was a mine detector. It just looks like what the ad is saying about what's coming out.

Chris Gholson has a story in the same mag. called Prospecting the Pilbara Goldfields. I know Steve I get LT two months ahead of time. I've been getting it for years and have always have it two months before it hits the stands.

Minelab shows a guy swinging a detector in Alaska being you see snow. That's why I say Alaska because I don't get it downunder.

I can't help it if Minelab dealers or the last to know. This is not the first time I've seen something in LT before the dealers knew anything.

Chuck

I always wondered why they stopped!

Did they actually ever make a mid-priced PI detector? I am asking honestly because I do not know. I've heard the 2100's and the 3000 series machines were in the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but at that time those were the top of the line units. So really that wouldn't have been a mid-priced detector for the time, correct?

Chris, they continued making the SD2100v2 and SD2200v2 up until a couple years ago specifically to offer mid-range alternatives. Dealers screamed bloody murder when Minelab dropped the models with nothing to replace them. I really liked the SD2200v2 myself Retail $2495.00 sold for $1798.95 at discount (MAP) price. http://www.minelab.com/products/consumer/product-archive/sd2200v2

IMHO If they did start up a line similar to the 2100 2200 series that would be the HOTTEST selling line.
So So So many individuals would like to be detecting with Minelab P.I. technology , EVEN if its not which it couldn't be "refined" as such as the top o the line series like a 5000.
That low to mid priced series detector that fits the 21/2200 category is the ticket

Oh, ok! I wasn't aware that they were still making those detectors at that time. That means I got into the hobby just a little bit late (late 2011), because all I could get new at the time was the 4500 or 5000. I got the 5000 but parted ways with it for a good cause, so I am saving up to get another one. However, if ML came out with something in the mid-price range before I get another 5000 I would most definitely be interested.

Hi Rob

If you like I'll make a copy of the front page and the page the ad is on in Lost Treasure. If you will email me your address and I'll get it off to you this weekend.

The odd thing on Chris forum he has not said one word about my post. JP is the big tester for Minelab on anything coming out new. I'd like to know what he has to say. Big John right now I need you bad!

Rob I know I got your address someplace being I used it when I sent you that book on all mines in your state but can't find iot now.

I didn't know it was such a thing as a F 3 detector by Minelab until I did the search like I said before for a waterproof compact detector of Minelabs. Reading about the F 3 and the ad sounded alike.

I don't know if you know this but the TDI is in the same case that my Eagle 2 is from 21 years ago. So what would stop Minelab doing the same thing.

Chuck