Nice specie

Kept forgetting to post this. I said I was going to a month or two ago but kept forgetting. I remembered :rolleyes: , finally.

Found 18 inches down with a 5000 and 12" N/F round.

Was just a signal too, 5%.

Down 6 inches, the same.

Down another 6, the same.

Down a few more and boom.

Another few and it was out.

And the records said for the reef it was below "fine gold".

Was found using fine gold mode too so maybe that's why it was found :lol:

Contains 1 1/2 oz.

post-66415-0-81721900-1390871057_thumb.j

post-66415-0-80142700-1390871087_thumb.j

Crimmy Roo! Thats a beaut!!!!
What did you clean it up with?
Im stuck in fine gold also. Tried other settings and im just

not comfortable with them. I know there is a time a place for them...just aint figured

out when though :)
Tom H.

Thanks,no it only needed to be cleaned with a toothbrush and soapy water. Virtually how it was lying in the ground bar the dirt and clay.

It the best looking straight out of the ground, except for the toothbrush, specie iv found. Im not keen on handling that hydro Bob, im too naturally clumsy for that stuff. :lol: Happy dance, ha, when I found it my misses was with me. She was back at the car. I first thought it was a lump of brass or something till I rubbed it and got it in the sun and thought "that's gold!?". I walked back to the car and she had heard me digging and said "just rubbish?". I didn't say anything and just held it up. She said "yeah rubbish". Then I put it in her hand. "Is that gold?"

Didn't dance but came close to it.

Yeah Tom, I hunt mostly in Fine gold these days, sometimes I use Enhance and rarely Sens Extra, but that Fine gold mode is fantastic.

Strange name for it though, Fine gold, because it goes really good on chunky stuff too.

Thanks, would love to find its bigger relative. Imagine a 50 oz like that, now that'd be drool material.

Hopefully will get out next week for a go. Pec muscle feels almost right. Went for a fish this morning and it didn't pull up sore after casting so its looking good.