Specific Gravity Test - Gold and Quartz

• Admin

Hello All,  

I thought this might be a good time to show this video by Kevin H. and the new formula program that Doc from Doc's Detecting came up with. 

This time of year, many specimens will be found while detectorist are out searching for gold with metal detectors.  You might find this video and formula very helpful to find the gold content of any specimen you might locate with a metal detector or even on a mine dump. 

Specific Gravity Download formula program - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ixhlgic3zbrdy1k/AADZ_azcUvo7ImrL7ufXw4Xfa?dl=0

Video by Kevin H., from the GPAA

Guys if you know how to use a spreadsheet in excel this is about as easy as it gets.

Just put in the dry weight of your specimen and then the wet weight and the program instantaneously will tell you how many grams of gold you have.

Doc

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 8:06 AM, AuWanderer said:

I have a specimen quartz / gold  242 dry and 173 at submerged weight....  did the short math came to 77.30 grams of gold, the long formula and more accurate according to the video came to 72.4 grams. Regardless if its off, plus or minus its nice to have an idea of amount.

image.png.a4dd44268a2eb3aa0532f88053abd938.png grams of gold according to the excel formula.

• Like 1