Social Distancing - Finding Gold Nuggets in Arizona

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I had to social distance myself, so I decided on a trip back to the old placers.  Like always, digging tons of iron rubbish, this time I must of dug a dozen iron pick tips.  I'm sure they were using the tips to pry open crack and it would just snap off the tips.  I was working with my Minelab GPZ 7000 all day, moving rocks and racking sections of bedrock off.  I ended up with 6.2 Grams of the good stuff in 5 gold nuggets total.  

I didn't get a picture of all the nuggets or a final shot, but here are a few I took during the earlier hours.  A few pieces wedged in the bedrock cracks.  

Wishing and praying for health and wellness for you all during these crazy Coronavirus times. 

Rob

Nug1 (1024x768).jpg

Nug2 (1024x768).jpg

Nug3 (1024x768).jpg

Nug4 (1024x768).jpg

Nug5 (1024x768).jpg

• Like 8

• Admin

Hey Uncle Ron,

Yes, I have been placering this gulch down to bedrock for a few months.  Tons of iron rubbish, but decent nuggets from time to time.  All the nuggets were shallow, as I'm removing all the overburden and rocks pretty close to bedrock and then detecting.  Honestly, I thought I would do better, the old-timers didn't really leave that much figuring the area I have dug out now.  Most left behind are wedged in cracks they probably just overlooked back then.  

• Like 1