Some old stuff I have found

I decided to post this! Have not been out much this year due to health issues....but....
Along with finding gold detecting, I do find other treasures out in the Az. desert. A 350 dollar Garmin that I use all the time now, old flip phone, lots of mining relics (usually dug up) A rectangular steel door with latches on it and a data plate that was riveted to it at one time. Even found part of a human skull and had to take Peoria detectives back to the spot to investigate. 6 Mon. later they said they were able to ID the person.....hopefully it gave some body closure on their missing loved one. Anyone want to guess what the door and data plate are from? I know....will tell in a few days 1f642.png:) Enjoy!

Lets see what other "cool finds" you guys get?

SAM_3260.JPG

SAM_3262.JPG

SAM_3264.JPG

Edited by oldies1955
  • Like 3

Ok...so the door and data plate are from a Sperry Ball turret gun on either a B-17 or B-24 Bomber from WW2.

Dont know how it got out there. You can see how the data plate shows how to load the twin 50 cal. machine gun belts. 

Tom H.

3430141964_c34be9ba30_z.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...