Has this forum died?

It could help if the forum was setup something like what Steve H. forum but don’t have to be in total detail as his .

In my opinion here is more like a shotgun effect. Bye that I mean don’t bunch everything together like it is now.

Rob I know you running a business and I guess you still have another job but you yourself need to show more interest in this forum to keep it going.

Chuck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And in my opinion you can't expect a forum with no rules, (anything goes) to continue very long. people get offended, and they will read but they won't Comment anymore for fear of the consequences. JMO

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

I’m an offender.  I have not posted gold in a while.  Maybe so much on YouTube but this is a great forum for help and suggestions just haven’t seen much come through.  
my last 3.5 day trip was cut short by a flat tire and failed plug.  I’m way too conservative when I’m by myself.  Cut short by 3 days I might add.  10 hrs of driving and 6 hrs detecting.  Long story….

• Rob

Just 10 posts on this that or the other and this forum will gain traction again.

1) Favorite places to hunt. (Gultches, Hillsides, Mine Dumps, Screen piles, bedrock etc.) Tips and tricks

2) Best research sources, maps, Out of box technics " Here is how to find a new location" 

3) GPX coils and setting (Simplify the use of a PI) Pi Basics.

4) Metal detecting patterns. We all have things we relate to gold and these tell-tell signs are the first indicator of gold. 

5) Seasons As we all know there are different approaches for each season. Summer

• Dress right and hunt the areas that normally have the worst vegetation
  • Fall Check the areas that have eroded
  • Winter Hunt the gut of the gulch too hot to hunt when it's hot  
  • Spring Find the drainages that historically produce and expand

6) I hate to say equipment but the object is to get and identify as many targets as possible in the course of the day. What does that mean? 

• What type of ground are you hunting? 
  • What is your pick of choice? Are there different picks for different areas/seasons
  • Do you know when your detector is telling you Iron or non-Ferrous 
  • How do you dig a target?
  • Can you use your coil to pinpoint a target's location?

7) Favorite places to hunt: 

• Deserts
  • High Deserts
  • Foot Hill
  • Mountains
  • Rivers
  • Streams 
  • Creek Beds
  • Washes
  • Gultches

😎 What do you do with the gold you find

• Save your gold
  • Sell Your Gold
  • Repurpose your gold for jewelry

9) Trip preparation: research 

10) Hunting Gear. Camel Pack, Foods for breaks, Water or Gator Aid, etc 

Any or all of the 10 items would make a great thread the idea is to make a contribution to your fellow gold hunters who are dwindling in numbers by the year but each and every one of them has the knowledge to pass on  

Rob 

This is your forum you are the best of human beings I challenge you to post a topic on each of the items I have outlined or one of your choice. I hope this helps 

• Like 3

Thanks, Bob I appreciate you.

Being left-handed I am always coming at things out of the box.

Still looking for a comment from Rob.

I am hoping he has been assembling his post on a Word document so he can cut and paste them on the forum...

Rob let us know if you need some help or if you are just done...

• Like 1

Thanks fishing8046 

I like posting here and sharing some nugget hunting skills that I’ve learned over the years, even though I get a little flack from time to time for exposing some nugget hunting secrets that some pro’s feel should never be shared with the general public.

Strictly around the camp fire stuff. 😃

There is a lot of good info already here on Rob’s forum, just search it in the search bar (top right corner of home page) with good key words. Many of the keywords you posted in your post is a good place to start.

Just 10 posts on this that or the other and this forum will gain traction again.

1) Favorite places to hunt. (Gultches, Hillsides, Mine Dumps, Screen piles, bedrock etc.) Tips and tricks

2) Best research sources, maps, Out of box technics " Here is how to find a new location" 

3) GPX coils and setting (Simplify the use of a PI) Pi Basics.

4) Metal detecting patterns. We all have things we relate to gold and these tell-tell signs are the first indicator of gold. 

5) Seasons As we all know there are different approaches for each season. Summer

• Dress right and hunt the areas that normally have the worst vegetation
  • Fall Check the areas that have eroded
  • Winter Hunt the gut of the gulch too hot to hunt when it's hot  
  • Spring Find the drainages that historically produce and expand

6) I hate to say equipment but the object is to get and identify as many targets as possible in the course of the day. What does that mean? 

• What type of ground are you hunting? 
  • What is your pick of choice? Are there different picks for different areas/seasons
  • Do you know when your detector is telling you Iron or non-Ferrous 
  • How do you dig a target?
  • Can you use your coil to pinpoint a target's location?

7) Favorite places to hunt: 

• Deserts
  • High Deserts
  • Foot Hill
  • Mountains
  • Rivers
  • Streams 
  • Creek Beds
  • Washes
  • Gultches

😎 What do you do with the gold you find

• Save your gold
  • Sell Your Gold
  • Repurpose your gold for jewelry

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fishing8046  on the subject of keywords from a Google standpoint you need to be careful not to use to many keywords in your post for the purpose of getting more views. As a matter of fact you don't want to use to many in your header. Its better to use them in your comment body. You see google doesn't like content or keyword "stuffing" and will lower your page rating and traffic. I'm not taking a shot at you just trying to help.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob

On 5/31/2023 at 6:31 PM, fishing8046 said:

Thanks Bob 

Can you take some of these topics and run with them? your new postings will help and I know you have tremendous knowledge of each and every one of the.

Come on let's get something started I am sure Rob will appreciate the help

Sounds good fishing8046,

Now if we can just get 20 people to jump in here with us.😆

AzNuggetBob

On 6/6/2023 at 8:00 AM, frank c said:

I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting for some new owners of the Garrett Axiom to post some experiences and opinions that would definitely perk things up 😁⁉️

Frank, come on over to New Mexico, and I'll take you out with my Axiom. We can learn it together. I've had it for a while, but just haven't taken the time to get out with it as I should have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:00 AM, frank c said:

I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting for some new owners of the Garrett Axiom to post some experiences and opinions that would definitely perk things up 😁⁉️

Frank 

Wish I could help you out but I'm still trying to learn more about them myself.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rattlesnake Jim said:

Frank, come on over to New Mexico, and I'll take you out with my Axiom. We can learn it together. I've had it for a while, but just haven't taken the time to get out with it as I should have.

Thank you for the opportunity 👍⛏️

If I were closer I just might take you up on that offer an I'll buy lunch 😁🤠

• Like 1