14.Magician 341

15.Uncle Ron 112

16.Jeff Bucher 425

17.LotsaLuck 62

18.Kelly 186

19.rexb 128.1

20.Ruff&Tuff 354

21.TXKajun 333.3

If something is incorrect please let me know.

ThankYou! Chuck

Hi Everyone

I don't know if you seen Doc's post but he is giving away a walco #3 pick from Australia retail 49.95 plus free shipping. This is for the winner that guess how much gold Rob finds with out going over.

Hats off to Doc for putting up a great prize!

Thanks! Chuck

Yes I saw that, and made a post thanks DOC, thats a good prize. Now if we can just get ROB to post first thing when he gets back, the wait iskilling me. And DOC, you should talk to nvchris, he's got one heck of an invention, maybe you and ROB, could be dealers for it. nvchris is a smart cookie. Grubstake

I couldn't understand why my guess wasn't included. Then I went back and read the rules, GEESH I was only about 6 hours late after the cut off time when I guessed.

What kind of a stupid contest is this anyway when you have to read the rules before you play?

Anyone that has a manly member swinging between their legs knows real men don't read rules, instructions, or maps, don't like 'em, don't need 'em.

Only a gay guy can put a gym set together and not have any parts left over. Real men always have parts left over - we do it intentionally so we will have extras for our next project.

But that's OK, I'm not bitter and I am still giving away a free pick to the winner!

AND IN FACT, I am going to give away a FREE KANGAROO SCROTUM bag for all of you men that have REAL BALLS, and didn't read the rules and keep guessing between now and when ROB announces how much gold he found. The person who is closest to the actual weight, without going over will win a FREE SCROTUM pouch in recognition of having balls so big you need another scrotum to keep them in.

Let the guessing continue !

:lol:

DOC

Well,one thing about continuing posts and guesses is that now everyone knows a couple of facts....Glenn found 5 nuggets each over one ozT, plus whatever he found under one ozT...9 miners, including Glenn, found a bit over 17 ozT...the average was about 1.9 ozT for each, but glenn found more than 5 oz of that...Kinda tighten's up the field a bit???? Anyhow, it's all good fun...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Guest sandtrap
I couldn't understand why my guess wasn't included.  Then I went back and read the rules, GEESH I was only about 6 hours late after the cut off time when I guessed.

What kind of a stupid contest is this anyway when you have to read the rules before you play?

Anyone that has a manly member swinging between their legs knows real men don't read rules, instructions, or maps, don't like 'em, don't need 'em.

Only a gay guy can put a gym set together and not have any parts left over.  Real men always have parts left over - we do it intentionally so we will have extras for our next project.

But that's OK, I'm not bitter and I am still giving away a free pick to the winner!

AND IN FACT, I am going to give away a FREE KANGAROO SCROTUM bag for all of you men that have REAL BALLS, and didn't read the rules and keep guessing between now and when ROB announces how much gold he found.  The person who is closest to the actual weight, without going over will win a FREE SCROTUM pouch in recognition of having balls so big you need another scrotum to keep them in.

Let the guessing continue !

:lol:

DOC

Guest sandtrap

Gee doc ,how about some of that ROO JUICE you must be drinking- giving away your balls? Juyst in fun !! LOL

PS.. My Samurai is running great, and it sure is a fun machine.!

Well,one thing about continuing posts and guesses is that now everyone knows a couple of facts....Glenn found 5 nuggets each over one ozT, plus whatever he found under one ozT...9 miners, including Glenn,  found a bit over 17 ozT...the average was about 1.9 ozT for each, but glenn found more than 5 oz of that...Kinda tighten's up the field a bit???? Anyhow, it's all good fun...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Another hint, Glen found WAY OVER 5 oz., Bob

Rob can give you the particulars, but the corect number is going to be something around 1.5 ounces - I cant remember the exact number. Since the lowest guess was 62 grams, everyone may be over!

Glen got over 12 ounces.

Dennis (Leaverite) got a 2 ouncer on the very last day, down by the runway.

I got skunked as far as detecting, but I did spend some time highbanking and ended up with about 1/3 ounce of smaller flakes and pickers.

More details and photos to come. Everyone had a really great time. It was a great trip and the only bears seen were seen from the air in a plane.

Chris Ralph

post-9-1150270400_thumb.jpg

Hey Doc

I sent you a email that you post late but on what Reno Chris said you may have been the one with the best guess.

I know the pain is great that your guess was pass up. I hope you knowing that I've order equipment from you before will ease the pain some.

Look I started this contest and for that I can't win that walco pick are that scrotum ponch that I need so bad. :lol:

Chuck

I'm just kidding about guessing late, trust me the last thing I need is another detector, I can't get the ones I own to work ! :blink:

I just thought it would be fun to guess. I've been to Alaska once and it ain't easy. It is either feast or famine, you either seem to hit it big, or you just go there and grab crumbs. Now Rob is certainly a Master so I assumed he might do better than a few crumbs, however, I was betting with the odds being against anyone in terms of finding multiple ounces.

I love contests, it's just something fun to do, and I am sure everyone appreciates Ridge Runner for starting this one.

Take care!

DOC

Welcome back, Chris and everyone else. Glad ya'll had a good time and that you each found some nice gold. I bet there are 2 times this trip you're going to remember especially with fondness: 1) the day ya'll arrived at the Gold Camp and 2) the day ya'll arrived back at home!! LOL

Anywho, it's good to see everyone back safe and sound. I was prayin' dat ya'll would come back several lbs heavier each, but oh well. Can't wait to hear your stories!!!!

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

Actually, TXKajun is correct! We did all come back weighing a few lbs more...but most of us around the waist...The vittles were GREAT! Steve's cousing Bob did a great job keeping us all fed (stuffed) and George kept everything around the camp running smoothly. All the help left Steve free to assist the miners with their quest for gold. I think everyone had a great time even though the gold was not spread out evenly :-( Glenn really smoked the rest of us. He sure had a hot hand last week. Never the less, everyone went home with some gold and gold was found while highbanking, dredging and of course detecting. I'd venture to say, it would be a sure thing to say that anyone could go to Moore's Creek and go home with some gold. I'm sitting at an airport internet terminal paying $0.15/min so gonna keep it brief for now but overall, the accomadations were great, food super, bugs almost non-exsistant and the gold, well you know...I can definately say I had a great time.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Sorry to disappoint all of you, but your guesses were a bit high for me! :( I only managed to score 1.4 ounces of gold, which would be approx. 45 grams of gold. There was a bunch of very good hunters at Moore Creek this year and many of them struggled big time. Glenn seemed to be on fire and everyone else was pretty cold. Hunting tailing piles really doesn't take a lot of skill, you just have to hunt hard and all day and hope you're on the right pile or get your coil over the right spot. There are miles of tailings and most of the piles look the same. It's just getting over the right spot and hearing the nugget. Most of the finds were shallow, so you don't have to focus on whisper type targets. I spent way too much time listening and digging them. I should have run and gunned the piles leaving the faint ones and digging the louder targets.

Regardless of the gold found, I love Alaska and Steve H. is the best host you can ask for. He is very helpful and tries to get people over gold. Moore Creek will produce a lot of gold in the future, but sometimes a week just isn't enough time for someone to settle in and figure it out (unless your Glenn). :o

P.S. Be interesting to hear how the second weekers do at Moore Creek.

Does this mean I won the detector and prizes? :P

Rob Allison

Glad everyone had a good time and found something, if I may be so bold as to inquire, just wondering what detector this AZ Glen fellow was swinging. A minelab I would assume, please don't tell me it was a garrett or whites. Not at Moore Creek. :blink::huh: