Damned UP. Post office lost my 2200sd

On the 29th of DEC. I mailed my 2200sd in to Minelab Las Vegas, supposed to be two to three day delivery, I got a $1000.00 insurance, incase it got damaged, I checked, it is not there yet, I ran the tracking# and it went from here. Mariposa, to Sacramento CA. From there to Fedral Way WA. from there to Bell, CA. Still stitting in Bell as far as I can find out. I went down and talked to my post master, he said someone printed there own tracking # and it was the same as the one they gave me, So I told him I did not get what I paid for! His reply was"Maybe you should have sent it by FedX or UPS" Seems I can't file a insurance claim for 30 days, and $1000.00 won't cover replacement, not to mention the sentamental value, because it was Jim Strights and my uncle bought it for me. Now I have to get ahold of Jim and get a reciet for it, as they won't pay off without it. What a hassle. Gov. Employee's suck, if it was there stuff they would be raisin hell too. I'm pissed as you can tell. I'm going to go to my local new station, and see if they will look into the Post office service they have. Grubstake

On the 29th of DEC. I mailed my 2200sd in to Minelab Las Vegas, supposed to be two to three day delivery, I got a $1000.00 insurance, incase it got damaged, I checked, it is not there yet, I ran the tracking# and it went from here. Mariposa, to Sacramento CA. From there to Fedral Way WA. from there to Bell, CA. Still stitting in Bell as far as I can find out. I went down and talked to my post master, he said someone printed there own tracking # and it was the same as the one they gave me, So I told him I did not get what I paid for! His reply was"Maybe you should have sent it by FedX or UPS" Seems I can't file a insurance claim for 30 days, and $1000.00 won't cover replacement, not to mention the sentamental value, because it was Jim Strights and my uncle bought it for me. Now I have to get ahold of Jim and get a reciet for it, as they won't pay off without it. What a hassle. Gov. Employee's suck, if it was there stuff they would be raisin hell too. I'm pissed as you can tell. I'm going to go to my local new station, and see if they will look into the Post office service they have. Grubstake

DAM. :(

You mean the post office still has it in California or was it delivered to someone else?

I hope you get it back.

I sent a letter to Riverside Ca from here in Phoenix by US Post Office. I paid $17 for over night delivery. Long story short it took 3 day to get it to Riverside. Went in and demanded my money back and on my way out I mentioned I will take my future overnight deliveries to FedEx or UPS. I made sure everyone heard me LOL.

Good luck Grubstake

Yes, its still somewhere here in CA. can't get anyone to trace it. Thats what makes me mad. I knew it would be delayed, because of Monday and Tuesday no mail, but it was sent on Friday before. They sent it all the way up to Seattle wash. I just don't understand that. Then back to Bell CA. where ever that is. Hell I could have driven it to Las Vegas myself, and been home already. What gets me is there additude, it sucks. If someone stold thete car or truck, they would be looking for it. You would think, with a tracking # and insurance # they could figure out where the package is. A $1000.00 won't replace the detector, but I figured it would cover damage to it in shipping. I'm waiting until Monday, if Minelab does not get it by then, I'm going to have reporters from my local news look into it, and find out why some people that are not doing there job are still working. If they worked for me, they would be gone! No way to run a business. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

I personally used to work for the US Postal Service and just had a deal like this not too long ago with a Coiltek Li-Ion System. The customer called and stated they never received the package, but later stated the Post Master said it was stolen! Low and behold, the Mail Carrier left the package in the wrong PO Box, so the person that recieved it realized it wasn't his and left it on top of the Metal Mail Boxes. :angry: The packaged got ripped off and the Post Master told the customer it was my fault. How the hell is it my fault that their mail carrier left the package in the wrong box, and then it got stolen?

I told the Post Master at that location over the phone if she didn't take care of it I was calling the US Postal Inspector to look into her shady Post Office. Two days later I received a check in the mail from the Post Master. ;)

Get a Postal Inspector involved right away. They will figure it out ....

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hi Grubstake, Been awile , remember me at Rye-patch, where Shep used my 5th wheel for a becon to find camp, boy I still laugh about that,& I had to leave after the first nite, ( My Wife had a stroke) & I returned home. now back in AZ looking for that big one. A long time ago I had to ship very expensive radio gear via UP & I always purchused insurance for replacement value & a Little more, & Before I shipped it always had my receipt ready just in case. I hope for you this turns out OK. if you get to AZ. look me up, I hear shep is coming with his brother you might hitch a ride with him, would love to see you & Shep again. Bushewoods.

Grubstake,

Someone at the post office is feeding you a 'line of bull' if they're saying that online tracking #'s and those given out at the post office could be the same/interchanged.

The online 'designation code' is totally different than the one you must fill out by hand and attach to the package.

Get to someone higher up on the food chain.

Gary

................................................................................

General Information

1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time (7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. CST)

Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST)

Closed Sundays and Holidays

Domestic Package Tracking

1-800-222-1811

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Eastern Time (6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. CST)

Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time (8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST)

Yeh I have been on the phone, almost all day, even called the postal instectors office, only get a recording with buttons to push. I think this guy at our post office is a #1 butt h----. Not friendly at all, I have made a lot of complaints, I get other peoples mail in my box all the time, I always stand in line and give it back to them, last time, about aweek ago this happened, and I told them it should be required at the post office, in order to get a job, to beable to read and write, and know #'s. they did not like my remark, but its the truth. I will get it settled one way or the other. My best shot is we have a news channel that likes to investigate crap like this. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake,

It's really sad that people feel they have to steal from other folks, or think because something gets delivered to them, that it's o.k. to keep it or sell it.

I know that UPS and FEDEX likes to leave stuff on the doorstep, assuming that their job is done, even when it's a confirmation required delivery.

On new years day, my son in law who has several BIG fancy coach busses, BEAUTIFUL things, got a phone call about 3 a.m. from a driver asking where the bus was he was supposed to use to take some peope to a ski area. Long story shorter, some former employee (they think) had a duplicate key made to the bus, and ripped it off to get even with my son in law. Son in law filled out a police report on the theft (grand larceny, I would think). A couple of days later, someone spotted the bus parked in the north end of town, had been vandalized. Son in law calls the police to tell them that they didn't have to look any longer. The police say what are you talking about???? We don't have any record of any bus being stolen...go figger. But they can sure a heck give a ticket for jaywalking or whatever.

When the town got excited because there were lots of people celebrating in the streets, after the big football win this week, the police chief brought out the swat team, complete with sniper rifles on the street to keep the peace!! Kind of over kill...now I feel better :unsure:

Hope you get your detector back. I know how much it means to you!

Gary

Hey Grubstake,

Maybe the zip code was wrong on the thing.

Bill sent a package to me, got the name, address, city, state, put down all correctly, but put the

wrong zip code on it, and the package came back as undeliverable.

Now I would like to have the post office splain that to me!

Gary

Yo All...Here's my most recent "going postal" story....I have a postage machine that I use to put postage on the maps I sell and mail out...One Friday a couple months ago I stuck maps in the a big envelope and printed out the postage sticker which included that day's date on it...I didn't get it to the post office until Saturday, however....Late the next week, I get the envelope back with a note on it saying "wrong date" ...

So I take it to the post office and asked the clerk what was up, since I had paid good money for the postage...He said I had to mail it on the same day I printed the postage or it was invalid...Arguing with him did no good, so I demanded to speak to the Wickenburg post mistress...She repeated the same thing and I said, "So, you're basically stealing my money because I paid for the postage which you now have cancelled out...Why are you doing that?" She said, "Your postage machine prints the date on it and if you don't mail it on that day, but later, then when it arrives it looks like we weren't doing our job and the mail is late! " So I said to her, "Then that means you'll go ahead and take my money just to cover your ass?" She said, "You betcha!" :(:angry:<_<

I'm sure that everyone has several post office stories.

Cheers, Unc

Ol' Jim Straight here... it was a cold and windy day somewhere west of

Jo'burg when Alan and Grubstake bought the 2200d. Gosh this was years

ago. I have known of Gary over the years as earlier we made a trade.

A Tersoro Gold Demon for a Fisher 1260.

Both of were delighted. Grubstake was then off finding gold; and I was using

the 1260 at the beach finding both coins and occasionally an nice ring. However

this must have been about 15 or more years ago.

When I sold the 2200d, I bought a Garrett Infinium from Steve (Alaska Mining

and Diving in Anchorage). Then later, with found gold I traded for another

Infinium. Now have two. The Infinium can punch down about 11 inches in the

worst mineralized areas... such as the weathered basalt in the Eugenes.

But... the Infinium excells at the beach. Since it has ground balancing it can

smooth out the most mineralized beaches. But it is tricky and needs to be set

up "just so," as it can be noisy in the shallow surf due to the rush of salt water.

Now to get back to Grubstake, I just received an email from him and have his

phone number and will call him. And I thank David Doyel for bringing this thread

to my attention...

GRUBSTAKE,

ROB IS RIGHT, MY FATHER IS A RETIRED SUPERVISOR FROM THE MAIN POST OFFICE HERE IN CLEVELAND AND THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL GEY ANYWHERE WITH ANY SUCCESS IS TO GET A POSTAL INSPECTOR INVOLVED.

I'VE BEEN ON SEVERAL TOURS OF THE MAIN POST OFFICE HERE IN CLEVELAND YEARS AGO AND HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND SOME OF THE NIGHTMARES, AND HAVE HEARD COUNTLESS STORIES FROM MY FATHER ABOUT MACHINES BEING MOVED AND THEY FIND 20 YEAR OLD LETTERS AND PACKAGES BEHIND THEM AND SO ON. THEY HANDLE ALOT AND ARE BOUND TO SCREW UP A FEW, ITS JUST THE ODDS.

HOPE YOUR SITUATION GETS STRAIGHTENED OUT. AT LEAST YOU STILL KNOW WHERE YOURS IS!

DAVE

Hi Gary

Sorry to hear your story.

I recently mailed a box back to Cabela's for an exchange. It was for a remote controll spotlight that goes on my duck boat when we run the river when it's dark.

I figured it would take just a little over a week and needed it badly, I sent it priority 2-3 day for a fast turn around.

After about 4 days I seen that it was delivered through the tracking #. I went to check my mail and low and behold there was my package, the one I sent in!! :angry: The USPS sent it back to me instead to Cabelas!

It was clear to there it was supposed to go!

I went down to the Post Office and raised hell and told them I wasn't paing again...they shipped it for free, I finally got a new light 2 weeks later.

Take care and I would stay on top of it.

Alan

After working for UPS for 3 years I learned a few things about what can happen when shipping packages. Some of it can't be helped, but some can. First, you gotta have only one label.. Sometimes people forget they have another address on the bottom of the box and it gets sorted there, then bounces around across the country a few times, square boxes getting rounder on each trip. Also labels better have really good glue, because they come off. The glue can stop sticking when it gets hot, or cold or DAMP.. I use a black marker to write right on the box, the name and address because I have seen paper labels tear off, no way of who the owner is or where the box should go. Also how people wrap packages in brown paper and then tape it up, that paper tears right off in the sorting machines and conveyer belts. Zip codes can mess up to Louisiana (LA) and Los Angeles zip codes are 70--- and 90--- and a 7 and a 9 can look similar.. Bottom line, lots of stuff can happen and some of it can be avoided. With that said, I've had a missing package before myself. It hurt, I lost the item. I've also had a money order company go belly up but that's another story. Imagine a money order bouncing.

Grubstake maybe we ought to have a contest to see if anyone's detector has traveled to more places than yours. You would probably at least win the contest........Better yet start a poll at ten bucks a whack to see who can guess the date of actual delivery..........Jerry

Grubstake I don't think that the post office had anything to do with your missing detector. You work that detector so hard when you had it in your hands that it needed a vacation. I'd say it won't be back until it see's all of the US.

If you send the detector that you have now for a checkup you better hand deliver to Minelab. I hope it makes it back home soon! We never like to lose old friends be detector are human.

Chuck A.