Anyone finding any gold out there?

• Admin

Hello All,

The last couple of weekends I've been pretty tied up on my end. This weekend it would be just my luck that I get sick. I've been battling some type of head cold for the last couple of days with little results of it going away any time soon.

I know a few of you guys have to be out there scoring some gold nuggets. Let see them! :wub:

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Rob,

Scott called me last night and invited me to go east of the valley with him this morning. Well I had some plans with my son to clean up around the shop so I couldn't go. He again called this morning at around 8:45 AM and was headed back home with 4 nuggets before the heat chased him off. I'll let him post pics or tell how big they if he sees this post.

Rob, I'm glad I'm not the only sick one on the forum. went out for a couple of hours, yesterday, but got the skunk. Just been too sick and too much on my mind to really get in to it, but atleast I try! And getting out of the house helps to clear my mind. But that last heart attack{in June} kicked my butt! I'm just not the same, no staying power, or energy. I hope that changes soon. I sure need some gold, the bills up here are killing me. tring to play catch -up. Grubstake

Hi Rob!

How is your cold? Are you doing any better?

Say hello to Dennis for me!

I am still planning on getting my images from Moore Creek and to send to you, Dennis and the rest whose emails I have!

Have you heard of any one using the newest CoilTek coils on a GP3000 and if so how did the performance compare to coils of that size in the older designs?

Thanks!

Hope you get a chance to get out and do some hunting!

rgds

Karl

• Admin

Hey Karl,

I'm still fighting this head cold. Today it's getting better, but not yet completely gone.

I will tell Dennis Hi for you. I actually haven't talked to him for about a week.

I've sold a bunch of the new Coiltek Goldstalker coils to all kinds of Minelab users, including the GP3000's. The feedback I'm getting from the users that are saying something is good news. They all seem to believe they are much quieter than other coils, very sensitivity and some claim they are getting better depth on these new coils compared to equal sizes of other manufactures. Just passing on what the customers have to say about these new coils.

I've been playing around with the new Coiltek Goldstalker 16 and 18-inch mono rounds. They are great and will work great for Moore Creek this season. I'm sure everyone on our group will be using these new coils, whether they are ellipticals or rounds.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

G'day Rob and all, just got in from out bush after a 2 month trip away. Did OK with an average of about 2oz a week.

JP

1st Pic is of a 29 gram piece which was part of a 3 oz haul in virgin ground or what I call Tiger country. It's amazing how the bigger bits always seem to be hanging on their own :spank: , this one was 50 feet from the main run and could have easily been missed if I hadn't been on my game. :unsure:

post-504-1222165334_thumb.jpg

post-504-1222165697_thumb.jpg

Hello Fred, detecting trip was a short one this year but we had a ball. This time I took a small boat and dropped off at a few fishing areas along the way which the boys loved.

Had a young couple come through the camp one day with a baby croc they rescued from a cormorant, the boys got to have a hold which was neat :rolleyes: . As you can see by the pics the boys caught heaps of fish, the brown guy is a sleepy cod which is beautful eating and the other is a Black Bream or Sooty Grunter also excellent eating. :blush:

JP

post-504-1222201291_thumb.jpg

post-504-1222201302_thumb.jpg

post-504-1222201318_thumb.jpg

post-504-1222201328_thumb.jpg

I don't like the heat but started to get cabin fever and made a quick trip to the Dale. Temps in the mid 90's but a decent breeze kept it tolerable.

Using my 4000 and Goldstalker coil, I found this specimen in an area that allegedly produced some decent gold in the past. It was down about 5 inches on a hillside runoff area. The gold wasn't really visible but the the rock was giving a strong signal. I poured some water on it and saw little flecks of gold on one edge. At lunchtime while sitting in the shade of the jeep I broke it open to have a look inside. A small formation of gold crystals on one end and flecks of gold all through the quartz. The picture doesn't do it justice, but this quartz is nearly solid, not the porus type of quartz we expect with gold.

There are lots of quartz blows in this area and I found a lot of black pegmatite. I found one small seam that had bands of pegmatite and a real light green colored quartz. But just no joy. I searched every gully, drainage and wash, then tried all the rock slide hill areas.

Just when the day was turning cooler I started to get a lot of EM. Makes listening for those whisper tones really tough and I finally had to give up.

Come on cooler temps, I'm ready for some serious prospecting.

Stephen

post-1366-1222276237_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for posting your finds. I knew some guys had to be finding some nice stuff out there. I think I've finally gotten over this cold, so this weekend I'm taking a couple of new customers out that purchased metal detectors and hope to get to swing a bit myself.

Hopefully I can post a little bit of color when the weekend is over.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Great looking gold!

Montana - Very nice piece you found there. Was it deep, or fairly shallow? Was going to get out this morning, but talked myself out of it. :wacko: Maybe tomorrow ....

J.P. - Great to hear from you and nice looking gold. Many have been asking about you, but figured you were out there finding that gold. Have you been using the new Goldstalker coils much? Trev mentioned something about you might have some and doing some testing. With all the coils we have to choose from now it's hard to figure out what coil I want to use.

Frank C. - Very nice looking piece you found there. Thanks for sharing.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

.........J.P. - Great to hear from you and nice looking gold. Many have been asking about you, but figured you were out there finding that gold. Have you been using the new Goldstalker coils much? Trev mentioned something about you might have some and doing some testing. With all the coils we have to choose from now it's hard to figure out what coil I want to use.

Take care,

Rob Allison

G'day Rob, I'm waiting on one of the new Round Goldstalkers (hopefully the 18" one) so I can get into some of my deeper areas here in Clermont. Am itching to give the new coils a head to head comparison with the Nugget Finder's.

JP

Here's a pic of some of the bigger bits from the season so far (biggest bit in the picture is 74 grams).

post-504-1222563149_thumb.jpg