Herb's Superlight Carbon Fiber Shafts

• Admin

Hello All,

I've been wanting to make this post for some time, but been so damn busy. Several months ago Herb sent me a Superlight Carbon Fiber Upper Shaft to test on my Minelab GPX-4500. I was so busy in the moment, didn't have time to replace by Otto Fiberglass one. Well I finally made time to change out the upper shafts and it was well worth the effort.

These new Superlight Carbon Fiber Shafts are the lighest on the market, very nice looking, have a knuckle tightener and are non-metallic.

Right now there are two sizes, a 32-inch and 37-inch for the taller detectorist.

I have these shafts in stock currently, but they are moving quickly since the word is out. The 32-inch is $89.95 and the 37-inch is $99.95

Aluminum interferes with your metal detector’s signal, decreasing sensitivity and decreasing depth.The larger the coil, the more the stock aluminum shaft interferes.

Made of pultruded carbon with a 3k twill wrap on the outside,

The Superlight Carbon Fiber Shafts will not interfere with PI Detectors and is much stronger and weighs considerably less.

Superlight Carbon Fiber Shaft is 4.8oz vs. 7.5oz Minelab Aluminum stock shaft

Here are a few pictures of my GPX-4500 with the new Superlight Carbon Fiber Shaft mounted.

Well worth the investment my friends. Keep as much metal away from your detector as possible. The new Superlight Carbon Fiber allows you to change your Minelab metal detector over to a non-metal set up. I've always been a fan of Fiberglass upper shafts, but this new Superlight Carbon Fiber is the ticket!

Take care,

Rob Allison

I have been using the 37" and it is super for me..... gets the coil far enough away from my metal knees they are no longer an issue.... It's a great product! First time it was on, I beeped a 1.5 grain nugget with my 17" coil..... never before

I have used my new carbon fiber shaft a couple times so far.

I will use it from now on with all of my detectors. Every bit

of weight I can get rid of the longer I can detect. I was

using the fiberglass upper prior to the carbon fiber. I love

the carbon fiber.

Matt

Took a boat trip today and used Herb's fiber shaft for first time. I got a custom 40" length and altho Herb said there isn't that much weight difference from long aluminum, beleive it's well worth the money! Very rugged and solid! Wasn't using a large coil and wasn't in a situation of making regular full sweeps this trip, but am sure it'll be just fine!

Shep

Hi All

Yes the two piece shafts are available. For now I'm going

to build these when ordered, so allow 2-3 days before shipping.

They will also be available through Robs Detector Sales, also

check with Bunk and NVChris.

Thanks to All for your support!

Best Regards

Herb

can you call me.

i want to discuss the ability of using a stock e-trac lower shaft with this unit.

the stock e-trac shaft currently slides into the stock midsection and is held in place with a snap over type cam lock.

i'm trying to convert me e-trac to a straight shaft setup with the control housing kept off the shaft in a backpack..

Barry

631 664-7883 EST.

Thanks.

i'd be interested in a 2 piece unit.

To those that may have a TDI from White's.

Herb also makes a great Straight Carbon Fiber Shaft that fits the TDI.It also has the same adjustable handle that comes with Minelab shafts.

This is just another great product that Herb's company is putting out.I say you get your monies worth when you purchase one.

You have a Minelab and you purchase your shaft from Rob's Detector Sales you can't go wrong.

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hello All,

Just received a batch of the Carbon Fiber "two piece" upper shafts if anyone is looking for one. They are very nice looking. It's best to shot me over an email after Sunday evening cause I will be back out of town for a few days.

Take care,

Rob Allisno

Archived