Minelab Extreme Coil

That Blitz coil works well on every detector. It was made to make sure it took optimum advantage of the new soil timings on the GPX5000 but it works great on all the other machines as well.

Doc

Blitz all the way, ive used one on a 4500 and was very impressed. Now that the holidays are over that coil is my #1 priority, i need one :wacko: ive used every coil out there and the Blitz is the most sensetive one ive tested in the field.

1)-I am waiting for the Coiltek 18x12" Blitz, it has to come out someday soon? JP said this good sweet spot size to get(if it comes out).

JP also said the 14x9" Blitz is more sensitive than the 11" mono Commander.

2)-It would be interesting to find out if the 14x9" Blitz is more sensitive(and if it handles hot mineralized ground better) than the new Nugget Finder Advantage 14x9"?

3)-Also I wonder why Coiltek does not fully bond the wires in resin on its Blitz coils like they do to their UFO's and Platypus?

• Admin

Hey Guys,

All I can tell you is that I'm selling the shit out of the Blitz coils. The customers are using everything from the orignal SD2000 up to the GPX 5000. Hoping Coiltek makes the Blitz in other sizes very soon, the 14x9 is a huge hit.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Weight. Epoxy is very heavy. A small about of adhesive is used to stabilize the wires inside the coil but in the interest of keeping large coils light, the less epoxy the better.

Doc

1)-I am waiting for the Coiltek 18x12" Blitz, it has to come out someday soon? JP said this good sweet spot size to get(if it comes out).

JP also said the 14x9" Blitz is more sensitive than the 11" mono Commander.

2)-It would be interesting to find out if the 14x9" Blitz is more sensitive(and if it handles hot mineralized ground better) than the new Nugget Finder Advantage 14x9"?

3)-Also I wonder why Coiltek does not fully bond the wires in resin on its Blitz coils like they do to their UFO's and Platypus?

DOC...you liberal you...just teasing...

There are lite-weight very strong foam epoxies available...they should try gorrila glue...for instance...

Eric Fosters coils were thin, solid and very stable maybe they could talk to him or Reg?????

fred

Brian,

Your GP Extreme will find the gold! My Wife & I, both owned one as our first Minelab detectors. My favorite coils was the Commander 8", 11" & 12x15 Mono's with the Extreme. At the time my other hunting partners owned GPX 4500's and I had no problem keeping up with their new machines on the bean count. Good luck!

LuckyLundy

Archived