Rob Allison - Down for the Count

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang Rob,

You didn't say a word about that to me when I spoke to you last night. I am so sorry to here about this.

You'll play hell waving that hand over your coil with a pile of dirt in it with all that metal you will have in your wrist.

Heal up soon! I keep telling all of ya' to be careful out there, doesn't anyone ever listen?

Doc

Rob

Wow you didn't mention in our e-mail that you had to have surgery and a steel plate. Hope all goes well and you heal quickly. Which arm was it?

Thanks for taking care of my order and the questions I had and thanks to Doc for his help with it to. You two make a good team.

Take care, Wes.

Rob, My wife is a nurse and we were talking about your accident.She thinks it is possible to make the repairs

using a kevlar material for the plate and nylon screws and pins.I hope it will be possible. We wish you a speedy

recovery.If you need any help call me. Mike

Nuance has fairly good voice recognition software which overcomes typing, a smaller substitute is used in the iphone 4S with siri or with the Dragon Dictation app from Nuance which runs on the 3G to 4S.

http://shop.nuance.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&SiteID=nuanceeu&Locale=en_GB&Env=BASE&categoryID=13534600

Don't over strain the other hand... you need it! :)

Prayers offered for your fast and complete recovery Rob - God Bless!

Hello All,

Been trying my best to answer phone calls, pack orders and reply to emails. Earlier this week I snapped my wrist at work, which will now require a plate, screws and surgery. A 3000lb wire reel fell off the reel stand and fell on my wrist snapping it in place. Pretty nasty break and and pain ... :girl:

I have several field instructions this weekend, going to be difficult, but Im not going to let the customers down. Several partners with plenty of knowledge will be supporting/helping me.

Just wanted to let everyone know whats going on. Doing my best to type left handed. Thanks for my lovely wife, we will get through this fine.

We are still open for business like normal, so if you need something call us, email or visit the online store.

Thanks!

Rob "one handed" Allison

Sorry to hear about the injury, I bet THAT was painful. If you get metal implanted don't let the TSA insist upon groping you, maybe I shouldn't even bring that up. Anyway, hope it heals up so it is as good as new.

:blink::wacko: and WOW...

Gosh Rob... until a few minutes ago I did not know. I cannot find the words that express my very deep concern. Having worked at the mill for Kennecott Copper (McGill) and especially for six years at Kaiser Steel (Fontana) around cables and seventy ton overhead craines; I'm well aware of the seriousness of what happened to you... GOD was truly looking out for you as it could have been much worse... Jim

Praying for the hand to heal quickly!

Hey, could one of your carbon fiber buddies rig you up a carbon fiber plate with plastic screws,,,Sorry rob,,,i couldnt help it......:spank:

Panhandle paul aka congressman

Rob, sorry to hear about your accident, but glad it wasn't any worse!

BTW, are you ambidextrous?? NO, Dawn, it's NOT what you think! LOLOL

Digger in one hand, beeper in the other, either way you look at it, it's gonna be tough on you.

I also wonder about any metal in your wrist. If you keep wrist still while swinging beeper, shouldn't you be ok??

Kajun

P.S.

Bet you'll be able to predict when it's gonna rain now! :lol:

Praying for the hand to heal quickly!

Hey, could one of your carbon fiber buddies rig you up a carbon fiber plate with plastic screws,,,Sorry rob,,,i couldnt help it......:spank:

Panhandle paul aka congressman

Dang... i reread this and saw where some else posted about the kevlar etc...

I'm pretty sure Rob is ambidextrous, because of course he metal detects, but I also know he dredges so apparently he does equally well on land, or in the water.

What? UH? Oh! My wife just told me that's amphibious and I'm a stupid ass, and I'm not near as funny as I think I am.

Get well soon Rob!

Doc

Rob, sorry to hear about your accident, but glad it wasn't any worse!

BTW, are you ambidextrous?? NO, Dawn, it's NOT what you think! LOLOL

Digger in one hand, beeper in the other, either way you look at it, it's gonna be tough on you.

I also wonder about any metal in your wrist. If you keep wrist still while swinging beeper, shouldn't you be ok??

Kajun

P.S.

Bet you'll be able to predict when it's gonna rain now! :lol:

• Admin

Hello All,

Surgery is now complete and successful. I feel pretty damn good for being right out of surgery. They did use a Titanium Plate and 6 screws. Hopefully the rehab will go well. Chomping at the bit got get back into the field.

Thanks for all you comments, prayers and concerns.

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Surgery is now complete and successful. I feel pretty damn good for being right out of surgery. They did use a Titanium Plate and 6 screws. Hopefully the rehab will go well. Chomping at the bit got get back into the field.

Thanks for all you comments, prayers and concerns.

Rob Allison

Great News!!! Heal Quick!

Was sorry to hear about the accident, Good to hear the surgery went well...

Is the plate temporary, or will it be permanent?

Also, 3,000 lbs., Ouch!!, lucky it didn't sever it!

Did it just clip you, or were you stuck until it could be lifted off?

If that was the case, I hope help was there immediately!!!

Greg

• Admin

Hello All,

Well the wire reel fell off the reel stand, and the reel of wire clipped my wrist when it fell down. The amount of weight and force just snapped my wrist like a popsicle stick. I wasn't sure at first if my entire arm was broke, it was numb from my fingertips to my shoulder. There was my crew on site, so they rushed me to the ER where I received initial treatment. They were concerned in the ER that I might have gotten bacteria in the bone, since the skin was torn open where I could see the bone exposed along with tissue, fat and such ... Yucky ....

The plate is going to stay unless there are complications down the road (5-10% chance). Most of the time it has to do with your ligaments/tendons rubbing against the plate and causing irritation.

On a lighter note, a couple is coming over today to pick up a new GPX5000 for their claims in the Rich Hill region. They know I'm limited, but told them I would talk them through some settings to start with and their first target could be my wrist to see how it reacts on the GPX5000. Will know later today about that! :blush:

Thanks once again for all the prayers and wishes.

Rob Allison

Rob

Well on a lighter note there is one thing that I found out in the last four months since I tore up my right shoulder, its a problem trying to do something else with the non-dominate arm. I'll let you all think about that one. Rob I hope you are up and running real soon.

Take care, Wes.

Archived