Hunting "Cookie Monster" Gulch

• Admin

Hello All,

Today I spent a few hours exploring some new ground not too far from my house. My quad is now fixed, so figured it was time to get it back into the field and explore a bit. I hunted around 4 major drainages, picking up an occasional bullet or two. The last gulch I hunted, I seen a Blue object on the bedrock. As I approached, I noticed it was an old, plastic Cookie Monster toy. Go figure, I'm 5-6 miles from any known road and here is this toy in the middle of the desert way up a gulch. I hiked a good 300-400 yards to find this.

Not too far down the gulch I finally found a nugget, the only one in the freaking area. I now dubbed this gulch, "Cookie Monster Gulch." :) I'm going to have to revisit this gulch again, as by the time I gotten here I was pretty worn out and just about our of water.

cookiemonster.jpg

P.S. On the bottom of the toy, it says 1993, so the toy is about 20 years old.

Take a gander at the picture below.

Rob Allison

Now thats funny! :)

Go down a gulch and theres the cookie monster with a nug in his hand giving it to you! Least he didnt eat it. DOH...

Glad you got out and got a nug also :)

All I ever find way up a creek back in are bud light cans.

Dad and I were up on the rim "chillin"

Taker easy.

Tom H.

Hello Rob,Good looking gold there and quite a keepsake to boot.I have a wash that I frequent and every time I do I have a flat tire it hasn't failed yet and has been going on for several years at least twice a year.The odd part is the tire never has a sticker,nail,glass etc. in it I blow it up and go home.STRANGE! Maybe it was your cookie monster.

Mike

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Well a partner and I went back out today and braved the heat with great rewards, the discover of "Lasso Gulch." Check out the new thread and learn about the new discovery. Just goes to show, there is plenty of gold to be found if you're willing to spent the time, effort and research.

P.S. I didn't have the Cookie Monster with me today.

Rob Allison

At the 4th of July get together we had a large cookie monster stuffed with 5 pounds of tanerite hanging off a branch of an ol snag. Hit it with a .223 and there was this tremendous blast and little bits of blue fur flying all over the place, Last year it was Tony the tiger, don't know who it will be next year. :P