Long ride and hike turns into new finds

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I'm still beat for the long hike and 30+ miles on the quad, but we managed to turn up some copper and gold in a new spot. This spot has probably never been walk in the last 100 years due to how remote it was. There is more potential, but I'm not sure I'm ready for another trip like that anytime too soon. Was using the Minelab GPX 5000 and both the NF 14x9 solid and NF 8x6 for some of the very shallow bedrock areas in one location.

It's still out there!

Take care,

Rob Allison

Man, those are some nice pieces of gold! :)

Quads do have a way of beating you up.

Throw the copper in Muriatic acid and watch how purdy it gets. Then dip it in some baking soda/water.

It really cleans the calichie off and brightens up the copper.

Glad you got out and got some.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Mike,

That small round ball is a piece of copper (copper nugget). That was the first one I found that day, leading me into more copper and eventually some gold. The copper is very loud sounding for it's size. That small round bit sounded like a 1/2 gram nugget.

You might have been tossing some copper back, but never found any at Gold Basin if that is what GB means.

• 2 weeks later...

Rob I keep telling people, you can pound some old ground and maybe get a dink or two every once in a while but you got to get out there and hunt some new ground. do some research. look at new areas. get out away from the well known areas. Its out there and its just waiting to be found. AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hey Bob,

That is so try, pound old ground and get a dink or two, search new ground and maybe take home a few pounds. I'm going out tomorrow for a few hours before meeting with Bill Southern and doing the GPX 5000 raffle drawing.

Maybe I will be lucky enough to score a nugget or two in a new spot.