No Accessories or Protection for your new Detector ????

The bottom of my covers are going to have an extremely durable bottom.

All of the abuse to covers comes from the bottom so it only makes sense to have that be the toughest part.

At his point the only thing I am perplexed about is how many to do in the first run.

Any guestimates how many of these GPZ's are out there?

Doc

• Admin

Hey Doc,

I think I would run a good hundred of them, I think I could move at least 20 of them quickly. I have had calls and emails about them, been referring guys to "Thesaurus Detecting" on Ebay for now. That being said, I heard it's taking about a month to receive them, a few negative comments on Ebay Feedback to him, but they were mostly on how long it took. "Thesaurus Detecting" clearly states on his ad it could take 2-4 weeks to receive, so I hate when guys leave crappy feedback knowing the buyer clearly stated the manufacture and ship time.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hey Rob,

The mimimum I would run would be 500 units. Otherwise you guys are going to be paying $100 - $125 per unit.

I have to work in really large volumes to get the prices down. When I ran the Ultra Swingy Thingy, based on the success of the Swingy Thingy, I did a run of 10,000 units.

Anyone that has been to my office knows you can't even move around, there are cases and cases of merchandise everywhere. Volume is the only way to get the prices reasonable for our customers. That way you can use the very best materials and still get a reasonable price as long as you are willing to invest in a large initial run.

I'm 66. One of these days I need to sell all of this stuff. :P

Doc

• Admin

Hey Tortuga,

Ya, they were expensive, but the craftsmanship and quality of the SDC covers from Alan in Australia were the best I have ever seen. Sure would like to have another hundred of them, I have guys asking for them all the time. Be interesting to see the quality of the GPZ 7000 ones from Thesaurus, as there are mixed reviews from the Ebay Feedback. Most seem to be positive, a few negatives one that could be "haters."

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I can tell you that I have seen the prototype of "Doc's" SDC covers" and they look good. Not sure the exact date I will have a supply of them, but it sounds like soon. Once I have more solid info on when they will be available, Doc or I will post something.

Tortuga - keep us updated on the GPZ cover if you would.

Rob

Anyone trying to follow up with another cover for the SDC will have to be super great. The cover you sell now is great and it fits just right. The only way I see anything better that would be the price but not loose the quality.

Chuck Anders

Rob-
Will you be receiving GPZ covers from Doc as well? I've just about given up on getting a cover set from Thesaurus.
Chuck-
The Aussie SDC covers aren't being made anymore so Doc's will probably be the only option for awhile.

Oh yeah I also just found this guy selling a "heavy duty" GPZ coil cover on eBay for $50. Interesting..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-GPZ-7000-Heavy-Duty-Coil-Cover-Skid-Plate-Miner-John-Designs-13-x-14-/201342657502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee0f523de

$_57.JPG

Hi all,

With all the advancements in electronic technology, coupled with an awful price to pay for that technology in a new whiz bang detector, it seems all that is being compromised by some instances of poor quality control box castings of late. The plastic control boxes of our older machines seemed to be more than adequately robust for the job at hand then, but I ask, WHAT HAPPENED???

Hearkening back to the early days of minelab super detectors, if you didn't have a roll of duct tape to hold your lower stem and other plastic parts that suffered failure, you were simply out of luck, until a new replacement part could be shipped to you. Problem was, many of those in dire need were miles from any post office and even more miles from a parts stocking Minelab dealer, and UPS didn't have a ZIP code to help find you!

I was thinking about those days, and how much gold those earliest guys found. POUNDS of the stuff, literally...One of these days I will show you all some photos of BIG gold that was found with just any Garrett or inexpensive detector back in the early days of detecting... Can't show 'em now, as I promised I wouldn't show, until the finder passes, and he hasn't...yet.

Largo

Rob

Anyone trying to follow up with another cover for the SDC will have to be super great. The cover you sell now is great and it fits just right. The only way I see anything better that would be the price but not loose the quality.

Chuck Anders

It's better! That's right I said it! Better!

It actually has a foot that works and keeps the detector upright. It has loops to protect that expensive adapter plug. The entire bottom of the cover is a solid rubber matting sewed to the cover to keep you from wearing out the material when you place it on the ground. It is more ergonomically friendly. Why would you have the flaps to the controls open from the bottom so the flap blocks your view of the controls? Why not have them open from the top? Gravity holds the flap open as you make your adjustments, then you close it.

How about a place to put your BZ Booster, where it is safe and handy to turn on/off or adjust the volume?

Just a common sense cover.

Doc